What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Congrats  :!:  :!:     Welcome to never finding enough time to accomplish anything ..... :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

that last walk out the door is a great feeling

everyday is saturday

Congrats

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

416Ford

:-}   I am envious of you Doug. I think I have a lifetime of work yet before I get to that point.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

chimp koose

Congratulations on your retirement . Now you will be so busy you will not have time to sit down ,as most of my retired friends have stated

Crosley.In.AZ

Worked on my 1948 Simca... little bit here n there this week.  New firewall will be built. I did not like what I built 2 yrs ago. So.... nothing happened in that time frame.

I may open the hole up larger , to close it in.  Will see how that goes.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Congratulations on your retirement, Doug. It's great to not have to go to work for someone else every day.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Congrats on the retirement Doug.  

I am about 15 months away from it myself.   Not sure retirement is for me. I hear some folks make the change easy, others do not.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I spent yesterday at the HAMB Drags with my brother and a bunch of old friends.  A great day at the dragstrip.  The opening ceremonies were a tribute to Bob K that ended with a special pass of a front engine dragster in Bob's honor.  I kept expecting to see Bob all day.  He will be missed for a long time.

My brother and I had our annual match race.  He put on a good show running on street tires and he was competitive.  It was not a fair fight though.

A photo of our pit along with Hooley's Okie Twister Henry J,  David's 32 Chevy, Don Martin's Bonneville Studebaker.  Don and his crew stopped at the drags on their way home from the salt.  They spent the day talking with hundreds of people about the salt flats and giving away free sample of Bonneville salt.

A great day to have a hot rod.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, what were the et's? Inquiring minds, you know. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, what were the et's? Inquiring minds, you know. :)

I shifted short of my redline because my tach is unreliable and I will need to replace it soon.  After 17 years the truck is slowing down and so is the driver.  et was 14.1 and that is the slowest I have ever ran.  It was still fun, even if you can nearly eat a ham sandwich while making a pass.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

I fired up my ranger today , no leaks  so intake must be sealing . now to fix the shifter

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"Congrats on the retirement Doug.  

I am about 15 months away from it myself.   Not sure retirement is for me. I hear some folks make the change easy, others do not.

It's really easy, Tony. At first you feel like you're just on a vacation...but, you never go back to work.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

416Ford

Wrapped up the front sway bar mod and spring cushions this weekend so I installed the radiator air deflector in the 46 last night. Then I checked the brakes on Vickie's car and did a tire rotation on the DD. Still had some energy after that so I pulled the front sheet metal off the 55 so see what we have to work with.
Fender are as nice as I thought they were.

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat46

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Crosley"Congrats on the retirement Doug.  

It's really easy, Tony. At first you feel like you're just on a vacation...but, you never go back to work.

It's been ten years for me and so far I haven't found anything about retirement that I don't like. 😀

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"Wrapped up the front sway bar mod and spring cushions this weekend so I installed the radiator air deflector in the 46 last night. Then I checked the brakes on Vickie's car and did a tire rotation on the DD. Still had some energy after that so I pulled the front sheet metal off the 55 so see what we have to work with.
Fender are as nice as I thought they were.

What was the resolution with the brakes on Vickie's car  :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****