Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"NEAT   :!:  :!:    You have a hidden talent that is slowly sneaking out .... 8)

Any thought of putting up a small rack on the table displaying some of your work for sale at K-Zoo  :?:

I bet you would not take many home ..... 8)

Bob.. :wink:

Thanks, I really have a hard time parting with these, but they are just laying around here. I took some to a local gallery that gives local artist space in exchange for working at the gallery a few hours a week. I am going to talk with the owner Weds. I told them that I would have to price them at the "You gotta love it more than me" price. I don't know if I'll be at K Zoo this year.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "phat46"I really have a hard time parting with these, but they are just laying around here. I took some to a local gallery that gives local artist space in exchange for working at the gallery a few hours a week. I am going to talk with the owner Weds. I told them that I would have to price them at the "You gotta love it more than me" price. I don't know if I'll be at K Zoo this year.

If you are painting for your own enjoyment and like the subject matter, then keep the paintings.  ....Display them at car shows for others to enjoy with a "Not for sale" notice.   ....Anyone who appreciates your work and really wants one will make you a handsome offer, which you can accept, reject, or counter.

If you are painting for profit, you should not get "attached" to your work, but price it according to the time and materials.  ....It may take the joy out of painting if it becomes a business!

Like others, I have enjoyed your paintings posted here.  ...Thanks for sharing them!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

sirstude

I just sent out e-mails to all the vendors that I work with telling them I am retiring next month.  Sure felt good. Counting today, 11 actual work days left.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

It's raining here. Not really noteworthy, but this is the first rain at my house in 7 weeks. It has rained within a half mile in any direction, but it is the first rain here since the first part of June. I have not mowed the grass in over a month, there was no need. Last week I hooked up to city water, the contractor had a trench over 5 ft deep, and the sand at the bottom was as dry as the surface.  My yard will take some time to recover.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"It's raining here. Not really noteworthy, but this is the first rain at my house in 7 weeks. It has rained within a half mile in any direction, but it is the first rain here since the first part of June. I have not mowed the grass in over a month, there was no need. Last week I hooked up to city water, the contractor had a trench over 5 ft deep, and the sand at the bottom was as dry as the surface.  My yard will take some time to recover.

The city finally caught up to you   :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:   That's too bad....
Before long, you'll prolly need to get 'lectric lights & all that other fancy new stuff ....:roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

I am replacing the left rear wheel axle bearing today.  I replaced the right rear axle bearing while at the nats north last fall.  That bearing lasted 5,000 miles and this one about 11,000 miles.  I ordered this one from NAPA.  It is a SKF made in China.  They are a sealed bearing.  The rear end grease is kept from the bearing by an axle seal.  Another new part that has failed long before its time.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am replacing the left rear wheel axle bearing today.  I replaced the right rear axle bearing while at the nats north last fall.  That bearing lasted 5,000 miles and this one about 11,000 miles.  I ordered this one from NAPA.  It is a SKF made in China.  They are a sealed bearing.  The rear end grease is kept from the bearing by an axle seal.  Another new part that has failed long before its time.

John

John...Check to verify that your axle housing is not bent ...The 9" in my Kid's Dodge ATE rear axle bearings until we found out the housing was .250 out of plumb.....There was enough play in the side gears to allow the axle to be easily installed ..No forcing or hammering ..It slid right in every time ....It was straightened about 35K miles ago with no further issues .....

Bob... :wink:

WZ JUNK

The new rear wheel bearing went in easily and that noise is gone.  I will test drive it a little more today as I run some errands.  I plan to organize so that I can bleed the whole brake system tomorrow beginning with a bench bleed of the master cylinder.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

I was off to a roaring start this morning. Mowed the yard early and hopped in the 32 to run an errand. After the 1st stop sign, the clutch pedal hit the floor. I found a place to do a u-turn and drove home. I found the piston rod had unscrewed from the piston on the slave. I got my new spare that I carry in the truck and installed it. I realized that I didn't have enough tools in the truck to do that. I will rectify that. It sure was better changing that in the drive instead of the side of the road. I'm off on a trip after lunch so the f100 will be lonely for a while. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Glad to report that the 455 fired up most eagerly after sitting most of a week. :D

The GTP gave me a soaring engine temp scare yesterday. I detoured to keep moving and checked it over once it cooled and it did fine today so I guess re-re-replace thermostat time is here. :roll:

The neighbor's old cat who frequents my porch may have given me a gift, there was a dead bird neatly centered in front of the garage door when I got home today. There was also a bunny under the 69GP as usual. I did not suspect the bunny because a tasty patch of clover wraps around the car and they hang out there. At least thats what I've always assumed but now that I think about it, its probably not the clover its just they want to be around other fast things.  :idea:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

I see what he did there ...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I see what he did there ...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That paragraph is sorta written like a bible chapter. If you caught the Etta reference, those decoding points go toward your team status. :wink:  :lol:

I am lucky to have my Grand Prix. :0-0 And I wuvz it.  :oops:  :mrgreen:
Matt

enjenjo

I finished the rebuild of a 39 Ford transmission today. It had a broken cluster gear. I replaced the whole gear set with one out of a 40 Ford with new bearings and seals.  I also converted it to modern syncros.

Saturday I went and brought the Marlin home on my trailer. I went to get it out of storage and it was not getting any fuel. I still have to check it out. I believe the fuel pump is more than likely the problem. It's only 28 years old.

I also found it has a serious leak on the differential. I am not sure how much I want to invest fixing it as I am considering a new wider rear end, and smaller tires.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I replaced the 1 1/8" master cylinder with a 1" bore master cylinder in the 54 Chevy.  I was hoping for more pressure and better brakes.  I can not tell if there is any change at all.  The car stops in a reasonable distance but you can not lock up the brakes.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck