Amazon & that Prime membership thingy

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 28, 2017, 01:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Here is my .02 on Amazon Prime. A couple years ago a wheel bearing went in one of my d/d's. No big deal. I decided to do it outside..OUTSIDE my shop. IN THE WINTER. Was I on drugs?  :lol:  Shop had better uses.
Freezing cold,blowing snow..could NOT get the bearing off :evil: Yes I used my impact gun,yes I used my torch,YES I stripped the centre bolt on my OTC Hub puller :shock: Guess I was going to have to have it towed and have a garage I deal with DEAL WITH IT. Did some digging..I needed one of those HD hub pullers..the kind you BEAT with a SLEDGE hammer. $250. Ouch. There were NONE in Southern Ontario :evil: 6 weeks to order one WTF :?: Back online..Amazon..sure..heard of it..never used it. What was this Amazon..Prime..b.s. I sort of figured it out. I KNEW that this was going to be a VERY BAD idea. Sort of said good bye to my $150 on my credit card. That $150 included this "Prime" thinggy..the puller..the shipping..duty,taxes whatever..and it would be here in like 2 days. I felt like "One born every minute"
2 days later..wtf is the UPS truck doing now..making a wrong delivery..I had forgotten that I even ordered this thing..that money was gone.

In the box all nice and purrty :D  :shock:

Crosley.In.AZ

Well.  

I am several weeks into my  Online  Bank account repair.  Still working as they promised me. Their system stopped changing my profile back to olde information

Flip side: 3 weeks ago:  a co-worker's daughter had her debit card info stolen somewhere.  The crook spent near 800 dollars at Home Depot.

Sorry to be crude. I would hang these thieves in public. Really whiz's me off
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

Carnut

Alas recently I ordered a couple compact flash chips from China in a deal 'too good to be true' and it was. Ebay informed me it was a compromised account and the order was canceled. Unfortunately ebay resolution couldn't do anything and neither could Paypal either, both just said contact the compromised sellers account to complain. So it appears I'm out the funds. Since Paypal did a direct withdrawal out of my bank account the bank just looks at it like a cash withdrawal.

So I gambled and lost.

41woodie

Quote from: "Carnut"Alas recently I ordered a couple compact flash chips from China in a deal 'too good to be true' and it was. Ebay informed me it was a compromised account and the order was canceled. Unfortunately ebay resolution couldn't do anything and neither could Paypal either, both just said contact the compromised sellers account to complain. So it appears I'm out the funds. Since Paypal did a direct withdrawal out of my bank account the bank just looks at it like a cash withdrawal.

So I gambled and lost.

Unless there is something here I don't understand, Paypal should refund your money unless too much time has elapsed.  I buy and sell using Paypal several times a week.  When I make a purchase through Paypal by default it uses the Paypal balance to fund the payment.  You can change the funding method by clicking on "change".  I try to always change mine to my Amex card as it's been my experience that Amex is very good at protecting their consumer clients. When I've had a problem I call Amex, their first action is to remove the funds from the sellers balance and credit it to mine, then they go after the seller.

Carnut

kb426

George, I'm using lots of 4 letter words for you. I've never seen that before but now that paypal and ebay are separate companies, this may happen more often.
TEAM SMART

41woodie

Quote from: "Carnut"What can I say?

I believed you but I have to agree I've never seen anything like that.

Carnut

heh, heh, this was such a good deal, I in my infinite wisdom decided I better take advantage of this deal 'too good to be true' and ordered another one immediately after the first order before I got any notice it was a fraudulent post.

So I am actually out on both the deals.