Amazon & that Prime membership thingy

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 28, 2017, 01:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I do not buy much off Amazon.  It will now be zero.

Over the recent yrs, I noticed it took Amazon longer to package and ship items.  I am NOT a Prime Membership person.  I dont buy much from them.  I shop the internet, I watch shipping cost, I watch which web site charges sales tax, ect.

My recent purchase of 3 items on Amazon was all listed "in stock at Amazon" ready to ship.  No 3rd party supplier listed, all pieces listed as in stock at Amazon, shipped by Amazon

It took 5 days before Amazon shipped them. Ordered on 10-22 ....  shipped on 10-27.  I had hoped to have the items here by friday the 27th.. Nope

There was no indication of multiple shipping locations or other problems that would slow the ship process time line.

Sorry for the rant.  i guess the internet companys  & I dont get along well in recent months.

Does 2 day ship by Amazon Prime Apply to outside vendors?  I receive better treatment by non Amazon warehouse shipments.  I bought a couple car horns earlier this summer from outside vendor. Quick shipping from Carolina area
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I have Amazon Prime. I started with it because my son and his family live in Nevada. I can order their Christmas presents from Amazon from their wish lists, delivered in Nevada, free shipping, and reasonable gift wrapping. There is no tax unless they ship from a warehouse in Ohio. I get my order in two days if it is coming from Amazon direct, it may take longer if it is an outside supplier, up to 7 days or so, unless it's out of stock. Some of the outside vendors also do Prime shipping, and most of the ones who don't still do free shipping. And some of the outside suppliers that charge shipping under $100 ship free with Amazon. Amazon also delivers on Sunday with Prime 2 day shipping

I also have Amazon Fire TV and use it to watch sports shows that are not on my basic cable, as well as some movies, Show Time and HBO. You get the Fire TV free with a Prime membership.

For the last year or so I have been checking on Prime for auto parts and have found some great deals. I found a NIB catalytic converter for my Escape for $36 with free shipping VS $230 best price locally.

So overall I think the $99 a year has been well spent. I Have saved more than that in shipping alone.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

We have had Amazon Prime for a long time.  I use it more and more for purchases.  Since we do not have cable or satellite, we watch movies on Amazon that are free with our membership.    I am amazed at the prices and how fast the items get here, but they do not always have the best price. You still need to shop and compare.  Sometimes I still pay more and buy the item locally.

My nephew has a part time internet resale business through Amazon.  He ships his inventory to Amazon and list his products and there price.  When they sell, Amazon ships them, and credits his account.   Of course he is billed for the storage, processing, and the shipping, but he has done very well with his part time job.  I wondered, and now I know, when you see the statement in the description that says, used ones are available at a certain price.  These items are the ones, that belong to individuals, that Amazon stores for resale.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

No problems here at all with Amazon Prime. I ordered a bunch of motorcycle riding gear and motorcycle parts this spring and summer. I have found the best prices and the shipping has been unbelievably fast. Just ordered some low voltage lighting for a weekend project, I was hoping it would get here in time, it was here for two days before I even opened it on Friday! 😀

Crosley.In.AZ

I am mistaken.  The package has not shipped yet.  1 week today and the package has not shipped. wow

Also: I bought the pressure vacuum breaker from an Amazon a month ago.  Quick ship time there.

puzzling
Tony

purplepickup

This isn't about Prime but watch out for third party scam sellers on Amazon. I bought $72 worth of stuff from a seller named Gretchen Stoeker ( https://www.scamsellers.com/amazon/usa/gretchen-stoecker ) and it is a fake seller.  I got no product and have to go through the red tape to get my money back ....if Amazon will refund. I'm still in the first part of resolution. I don't know how I could have checked the seller first since they didn't have any seller reviews when I bought the stuff.
George

timkins

I have been a Prime user for about 3 years and I find that it is taking longer and longer for shipping, especially from sources other than Amazon. Yes it is shipping in 2 days BUT sometimes it take 3-5 days for the communications from Amazon to the end supplier.

Crosley.In.AZ

I bought  some items on eBay.

From China via ePacket. It took the same number of days as the Amazon items to arrive from within the USA.
Tony

phat46

Ordered a HD television antenna for our deer camp in the U.P. on Friday from Amazon Prime. The USPS dropped it on my porch this morning, Sunday!  :shock: doesn't seem to work very well here, hopefully we have better results up north.

Bruce Dorsi

This was sent to me, and I thought others may be interested in seeing how Amazon fills orders.

https://www.chonday.com/2749/how-the-amazon-warehouse-works/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a little mechanical timer switch device off eBay. Did not run. Intended use was outdoor christmas lites..  No returns offered, it was cheap price on new Stanley brand

Took it apart , 4 screws. Checked stuff.  Re-assembled it.  Works like a champ now.  No idea why.

Flip side;  it appears I finally have a bank account profile  fixed.  the bank account system was re-setting my profile information from current to olde information. Olde address, olde phone numbers, olde email address was randomly coming back.

It's been a PITA for a couple months.  Bank customer service was checking, find nothing wrong.  YES, they admitted my information was out dated. They correct it, delete the olde stuff. 3 days to 2 weeks, olde info was back

I was online with a bank I T gal...  she was watching live as I changed stuff at my end on my computer.   30 seconds (or less)  , the banks system changed it all back to olde information right in front of her , on screen.  My case was proven!

4 days later, a "upper level " I T guy called me.  We chatted.  He promised the problem was resolved. So far , 10 days in ...   all is good.
Tony

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Tony, I'm glad you're making progress. That certainly took perseverance on your part. Phil, that was interesting. I don't think I'll be signing up anytime but I can see for some people it would be good.
TEAM SMART

BFS57

Hello;
This year, our daughter did a Amazon "wish list" and emailed it to us. So I went into CVS bought an Amazon gift card, put $100.00 on it plus a Olive Garden card with the same amount and mailed those to her inside her Birthday Card, to make her selections!
Easy/sweezy Cover Girl!!!!

Bruce

enjenjo

All my kids sent me Amazon wish lists, I ordered them, had them gift wrapped, and sent the gifts to the kids, with a personalized  card on each.  :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.