Heater Hose Connection

Started by Arnold, July 22, 2017, 05:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

GM..rear heater..06 Uplander
  Dripping from underneath pretty sure it is coming from the joint itself..right where the hose clamp is.
  Working from the heater core to the front of the vehicle from underneath. LOOK like 2 conventional heater hoses..I doubt that. With 2 oem hose clamps. Not 100% sure exactly what they go over?? There is a small gap and what APPEAR to be 2 more heater hoses..I doubt that too?? Those hoses go about 1 foot and simply look like they have been slid over the metal pipe that comes from the front. There are no clamps on these hoses..near the joint..or 1' up where they look like they have been just slid over the pipe. Un hunh. Somein' don't seem right. Looks all original and oem. Looks like the metal pipe from the front just slides into the heater hose and is clamped. AND they have covered the metal pipe from the front with this piece of heater hose to protect it.

Where the clamp is..it just looks like the heater hose goes over this pipe and is clamped right there.

This is very clearly one of those do not touch it UNLESS you have whatever right there to fix it.

I get the sneaking suspicion that the metal pipe from the front goes INTO this heater hose and has some sort of adapter in it that goes into the other heater hose that goes to the core.

Anyone know?

Arnold

I'll tear into this thing today. Just looks like 2 heater hoses joined together..with a gap of about 1/8"..and something metal..the same pipe that comes from the front? in between and 1 conventional oem clamp on one side. Parts info lists just whatever is there as nla :lol: