Uglier Olds...

Started by UGLY OLDS, July 12, 2017, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"You have a bit of pearl in it this time?

Not that I know of ... :?   I told them as long as I could still buy touch-up paint from the hardware store that I would be happy .... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

lofat46

Looking really nice Bob.  Now you have to call Wardlow and get a bra for it.  A buddy of mine had a similar experience in his '40 Ford last week.  Going home from a show, one of his front tires blew at 70 mph, took him across three lanes of I-55 but he managed to keep it shiny side up and stop on the shoulder.  It was a car he built, sold and bought back again after a couple years.  Seems the PO had a tire issue and instead of replacing the tire he put a tube in a tubeless tire and something n the wheel/tire/tube combination wasn't compatible and the tube let go.

UGLY OLDS

I have learned my lesson guys..... :oops:    We ALL need to start watching our tires more closely now .... :idea:   It seems that the don't make 'em like they used to.... :shock:  
AND... Back then when we were younger & invincible,  we prolly didn't travel at the speeds like we do today without a second thought.. :roll:

Bob... :wink:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"When I mentioned that the paint looked a lot shinier than it ever has been , they sent me this the next day ..... :shock:  :shock:

I guess that they will now "BUFF" the surface .... :roll:     Does that mean that I'm going to drive a naked car  :?:  :roll:  :oops:

No but maybe it will have great big muscles and kick sand in twerp faces at the beach. :shock:  :idea:  :lol:

Practice your wax on, wax off grasshoppah. 8)  I bought one pair of tires already, now some folks are mailing me wanting me to pay for a mort gauge. I don't know what to tell them, is that an instrument that tells how much life is left? :?
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"My 5 year older brother and his buddy up the street had a 40 Olds coupe when I was a little kid in the late 50's. They worked endlessly on that car, and never did get it running. I guess they didn't know as much as they thought they did. It was red. I remember it well. The Omar bread man would stop every day to see how they were doing, and they always bought a bag of powdered mini donuts from him, and I got a few every now and then.  :D

Chocolate milk from Hershey's syrup dunk. mmm :D
Matt

UGLY OLDS

QuotePractice your wax on, wax off grasshoppah. 8)  I bought one pair of tires already, now some folks are mailing me wanting me to pay for a mortgage. I don't know what to tell them, is that an instrument that tells how much life is left? :?

I will have Mrs. Ugly get on that wax thing right away.... :idea:

You have that mortgage thing confused with the "Tape Measure Game"... :?    It works like this :

Take your favorite tape measure & clip it on your belt... Extend it to 88" ( The average male life expectancy )...Now retract your age in inches..
The remaining inches , well, kinda, you get the idea.....  :roll:  :shock:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "lofat46"Looking really nice Bob.  Now you have to call Wardlow and get a bra for it.  

Gee Tony ....A Bra  :?:  :?:   I thought that we took care of all the sagging parts  :?:  :roll:  :oops:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuotePractice your wax on, wax off grasshoppah. 8)  I bought one pair of tires already, now some folks are mailing me wanting me to pay for a mortgage. I don't know what to tell them, is that an instrument that tells how much life is left? :?

I will have Mrs. Ugly get on that wax thing right away.... :idea:

You have that mortgage thing confused with the "Tape Measure Game"... :?    It works like this :

Take your favorite tape measure & clip it on your belt... Extend it to 88" ( The average male life expectancy )...Now retract your age in inches..
The remaining inches , well, kinda, you get the idea.....  :roll:  :shock:

Bob... :wink:[/quote]

Is that like the gag where you test a man's IQ with a tape measure? Tell a buddy to hold his arms out and you measure from fingers to nose then ask him to hold the tape to his forehead then measure straight out that far, lock it and woops ow, dropped it, sorry. :lol:  

I think the Olds is pretty ugly now.

You have to read that with the correct inflection. Like funny haha vs funny peculiar. Emphasis on the pretty. It has been said some GPs have a face only a mother could love. I bet you are gonna love that mother, Bob. :D
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Hey Guys ...They called & said that it's in the way & I need to come fetch it ..... 8)

Now the real work can start ..... :lol:

kb426

Bob, did that translate into "we want money"? You aren't going to put the model a in front of this on the work schedule, are you? :)
TEAM SMART

lofat46

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, did that translate into "we want money"? You aren't going to put the model a in front of this on the work schedule, are you? :)

Looks like they are holding the trunk lid and running boards hostage until the insurance company settles up.  8)

UGLY OLDS

Boy O Boy .....Wait till you guys see this thing in the sun.... :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Its soo shiny that Mrs Ugly is gonna have arms like Arnold Swartzhisname from waxing & polishing ... :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Yes ...They did want $$$$$... The accepted the agreed price even though they are upside down on hours in the thing...I added to "the pot" to help rectify that.. After all..The guy is a friend ... 8)

They didn't hold the deck lid or boards hostage ...The little cartoon is the sole property of Mrs. Ugly...She brought the deck lid home in the back seat of the pick-up to avoid damage ... :idea:  8)

We took the interstate to my buddys house for final assembly & went past 2 state troopers on the way ...No deck lid, no bumpers, no trim, no light lenses, no door handles,license plate in the back window ,etc. etc....Both looked & did nothing... :shock:  :?  :roll:  8)  8)

Let the work begin  :!:  :!:

kb426

We're all waiting. :) What is the smurf story?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Hot diggity dawg lookathar :!:  Eeee hooo now thats BLUE!  :shock:  8)  :lol:  :D  My my my Bob thats downright snazzy. So proud of you for allowing yourself to be persuaded into modern paint, and you're  a swell peach for pitching in. It looks slicker than owl snot on a greased glass doorknob. That owl snot is good for tendonitis as well... trying to tone down the Ozark speak here but I'm excited for you and the lady.  :)
Matt

Rrumbler

That is definitely BLUE; I like it.  Blue is my favorite color, I had my '57 Chevy painted a blue almost like that, and my granddaughter would absolutely love it.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.