Uglier Olds...

Started by UGLY OLDS, July 12, 2017, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Ill be using Washington blue and Tacoma cream for the wheels , my wheels are spokes. I saw you got that colour from the model A truck on the hamb . That post sold me on that shade too ! I knew what I wanted I just didn't know what it was called .

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"Ill be using Washington blue and Tacoma cream for the wheels , my wheels are spokes. I saw you got that colour from the model A truck on the hamb . That post sold me on that shade too ! I knew what I wanted I just didn't know what it was called .

Should be easy to find, Roadway Express used Model A Washington blue as the base color on all their trucks until 2008.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

THANKS Enjenjo , there's a tidbit that should find a lesser expensive fleet industrial paint .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "ragdol"Dupont was bought out by Axalta about a year ago. Nothing much changed but the label. Last I checked Centari was still available.

I checked for Centari & found the only thing close is now Nason "Ful-Cryl II". Its called a "Single Stage" paint but requires an "activator" to be used with special reducer :?:    :?  :roll:

I guess as long as it comes back looking good that I will be satisfied... Cathy has already advised the shop that if anything happens to the cartoon on the deck lid that they can ALL start looking for different employment.... :shock:  

I saw the car today & it looks like it will be much nicer this time ..Prolly means more work for me cleaning / polishing /etc in the future . :roll:
 After I let the painter talk me into the "new style" paint, I replied, "as long as I can still go through drive-in car wash's, I suppose it will be OK".....He looked at me very strange.... :?

See you guys at the Zoo....

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, where are all your friends when you need to borrow a rod? :)

KB..Because he scheduled things wrong & now cannot complete the Olds , the body shop owner that has the car offered me the use of his '33 Ford sedan or his '49 Ford pickup...If we were not continuing on to the East coast after K-Zoo, I would have considered his offer ...He feels bad as he thought that K-Zoo was the weekend of the 16th & was trying to have the car completed by then .....We already have arrangements made for rides on & off the grounds to the show ...Once on the grounds, I get a little "Kamikazi " scooter to get around on anyway ..... :oops:

Bob... :wink:

kb426

What's up, Bob? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"What's up, Bob? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

This is about the status as of early this week .....   :D
I have not been pestering them... :lol:  :lol:

They are doing LOTS of work on the car ...It will be better than it ever was from what I am told ...

NO MORE drive through car wash's .... :evil:  :evil:  :oops:  :lol:

I should get it back just in time to park it for the winter  :?:  :idea:

Bob.. :wink:

purplepickup

I see you opted for the less expensive fender skirts and window darkening...
George

kb426

^^^^^^^
I love this place! LOL
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Those window and fender covers are there for the big reveal later on .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "purplepickup"I see you opted for the less expensive fender skirts and window darkening...

Actually ....It's an attempt to make the car more fuel efficient ... :idea:  We figured that lighter is better & those rear fenders are paper thin.. :idea:

They weigh next to nothing...How about the yellow trim  :?:  Much-Much lighter than the stainless it is replacing.. :roll:  

Do you think that idea will stick & hang on  :?:  :?:  :idea:

Bob.... :wink:

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"Those window and fender covers are there for the big reveal later on .

No, he has a trench coat for revealing himself.

kb426

^^^^
Bob, I think he knows you. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

enjenjo .....read my post  ,,,,,, I said BIG reveal  :lol:

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"enjenjo .....read my post  ,,,,,, I said BIG reveal  :lol:

He shows his belly too. :D