2017 NSRA Mid Am Nats Springfield

Started by Carnut, June 09, 2017, 03:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Thanks for posting the picture.  It was a fun weekend.  I continue to work the bugs out of the car.  We plan to drive the Arkansas Hot Rod 100 tomorrow.  People keep asking when I will finish the paint.  I tell them I am having trouble finding more of the zinc oxide primer to do the rest of the car.  They look at me funny but they were looking at me funny anyway.

Thanks again.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

I am not a big fan of two tone paint jobs but I love the look of your car John.  :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Yep, that '54 is cool 8)

Nice pics as usual. I see my boss made it up there.
Matt

MO_JUNK

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Thanks for posting the picture.  It was a fun weekend.  I continue to work the bugs out of the car.  We plan to drive the Arkansas Hot Rod 100 tomorrow.  People keep asking when I will finish the paint.  I tell them I am having trouble finding more of the zinc oxide primer to do the rest of the car.  They look at me funny but they were looking at me funny anyway.

Thanks again.

John

Looks good brother.

UGLY OLDS

That car looks neat John...It's going to be super when complete ....When people ask about paint completion, explain to them how the government has forced reduced levels of zinc in paint ,just like motor oil, and THAT is causing the slowdown.... :idea:     Talk about strange looks ... :?  :?  :roll:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

sirstude

Looks good John, just drive it up here the end of June. Only a few inches on the map.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sirstude"Looks good John, just drive it up here the end of June. Only a few inches on the map.

The theme of this car is one that is built for long distance travel.  We plan to return to your area for a revisit of Glacier Park along with a float trip on the Missouri River.  I hope to take the Chevy on some of these future trips.  We will see what the future has in store for us.

In early October we are flying in to Bozeman for a quick trip to Yellowstone and Jackson.  I have always wanted to go there in the winter but realistically this is probably a better time for us at our age.

It would be nice to see you again and I hope that our paths will cross in the future.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

41woodie

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "sirstude"Looks good John, just drive it up here the end of June. Only a few inches on the map.

The theme of this car is one that is built for long distance travel.  We plan to return to your area for a revisit of Glacier Park along with a float trip on the Missouri River.  I hope to take the Chevy on some of these future trips.  We will see what the future has in store for us.

In early October we are flying in to Bozeman for a quick trip to Yellowstone and Jackson.  I have always wanted to go there in the winter but realistically this is probably a better time for us at our age.

It would be nice to see you again and I hope that our paths will cross in the future.

John

You might want to  check into what is still open in Yellowstone after October 1st.  A lot of the facilities shut down for the season.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "41woodie"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

John

You might want to  check into what is still open in Yellowstone after October 1st.  A lot of the facilities shut down for the season.

Thanks, We have reservations at the Old Faithful Inn, one of my favorite places to stay.   My wife and I have visited all of the continental National Parks.   Yellowstone and Glacier are my favorites.  We made the reservations about 6 months ago.  I know that a summertime reservation usually needs to be made a year in advance.  Next we are off to Alaska to look for bears, glaciers, and big mountains.  My wife keeps me around to do the driving, and carry the heavy stuff.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

John, I hope you're not successful with your hunt for bears. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Glad everyone had a good time. I really wanted to get down there but there was too much going on.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose