This is fun

Started by enjenjo, September 23, 2004, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

This retirement is fun!!! I went to Texas last weekend and picked up a 48 Fleetline that I bought last spring, my next ride. Nice body with a good title, all the trim, garnish molding and other hard to find parts are there.

Been spending this week building parts to set up three 48 Chevy chassis, I am doing them all at the same time. Mustang front, my own K member and brake setup, Posie's rear springs with my own shock setup. One gets a big block 400 turbo, one gets a small block 700R4, and the third gets a 235 with a 200R4. One 9", one 8", and a Nova rear in the third.

I spent this afternoon building a trans cover for a 37 Hudson.

This is fun!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Yeh, but what chassis are you going to use? Make sure yours has a trailer hitch on it. Of course when you build a car for someone there doesn't seem to be a problem with you borrowing it back. Maybe you should put hitches on all three. You certainly seem to like that body style. I've always thought that the frames needed to be about 2 feet longer so you could keep the fenders off the doors. Then you'd have someplace to put that V-16. GPster

alchevy

Don't have too much fun. Leave some projects for the rest of us when we retire.

A friend of mine is working on a '48 Chevy 4-door Sedan. His dad started the project years ago and it has set there waiting for someone to finish. The car has a Camaro front clip. The challenge facing them now is trying to find all of the pieces to put the front sheet metal back on and making it fit with the Camaro front clip in place. I'm going to dig through some of my old catalogs, maybe * Moffett's catalog has an exploded view of the front sheet metal to use to go by for what's supposed to be there.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

KMA

actually ........ i'm glad to hear it , frank.

I've got 8 years, 4 months, 26 days till retirement hits.

Although I ain't counting
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"This retirement is fun!!! I went to Texas last weekend and picked up a 48 Fleetline that I bought last spring, my next ride. Nice body with a good title, all the trim, garnish molding and other hard to find parts are there.

Been spending this week building parts to set up three 48 Chevy chassis, I am doing them all at the same time. Mustang front, my own K member and brake setup, Posie's rear springs with my own shock setup. One gets a big block 400 turbo, one gets a small block 700R4, and the third gets a 235 with a 200R4. One 9", one 8", and a Nova rear in the third.

I spent this afternoon building a trans cover for a 37 Hudson.

This is fun!!!

:roll:  wish I was having that much fun!! LOL    Hey, got a call from a friend tonight whos going to make it to the cookout, guess what he's bringing?  The 48 chevy fleetline, that him and rob built!!!!  can't wait for you to see that.
Didn't know you were starting an assembly line  :shock:   need any gofers or anything  :wink:   :lol:

WZ JUNK

Quiet Frank,  I do not want everyone to know about retirement.  First thing you know they will all be wanted to do it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Shhh, it's supposed to be a well kept secret. Where else do ya get to set down with the second cup of coffee and do what ya want?

I made the switch to cable server from AOL dial-up this week...so far I like it pretty well. Just have to get used to the Internet Explorer home page again - never did like it very well when I had it at work. The 'net part is fast, theComcast stuff is a little slow.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

DRD57

I can't wait until I'm retarted...er...I mean retired :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ohio Blue Tip

Don't need to hear any more about retirement UNTIL 1 year, 11 months and 5 days, then we'll talk. :twisted:  :twisted:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Carps

I'd just like to have a vacation!   :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Charlie Chops 1940

So....is tomorrow the REAL Saturday? I'm havin' a problem differentiating between all these faux Saturdays and the real thing.....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"So....is tomorrow the REAL Saturday? I'm havin' a problem differentiating between all these faux Saturdays and the real thing.....

Charlie
Having fun rubbing it in aren't you? :evil:
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"So....is tomorrow the REAL Saturday? I'm havin' a problem differentiating between all these faux Saturdays and the real thing.....

Charlie
Having fun rubbing it in aren't you? :evil:

I had to look at the calender, yup Charlie, it's the real saturday :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

Retirement is that time in your life when you have less money coming in and more time to spend it.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

OlBuzzard

I don't know where this, "more time to spend it" comes in.  I've never been so busy in my life.