Barn finds

Started by EMSjunkie, September 23, 2004, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

Just got a call from my big brother in Dallas, he found some interesting stuff today and wanted my opinion. since I am fairly new to the game, and all my experience is with a 'glass car, I thought I'd ask the Knights.

He found a 38 Ford pick-up, complete, has'nt run in about 12 years. original flathead. minor rust ( God bless Texas!) was converted to juice brakes. frame original, original grill, you get the picture.

Also found 2 40 Ford Deluxe Sedans. complete, less interior, most if not all the chrome is there. glass is good.

He was considering buying something to build. wants to know what a fair price would be for this stuff. since I have really no idea I thought I would ask here for some ball park figures

Thanks for your help.

Vance

I'm not a complete fool, parts are missing
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

It's had to give you a firm price without seeing them, but.......

I bought two decent 37 Ford pickups, similar shape, one with a Merc flathead stick, and the other with a junkyard 302 C4, I gave $1600 for the pair. The last 40 I had was a rough standard coupe out of Kansas, nice body, but the frame and fenders were junk, no engine or trans, and the interior was missing, that one was $2500 It did come with both standard and deluxe hoods and grilles.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47wood

Any chance you could post some pics of those finds?  When it comes to descriptions one man's trash is anothers treasure.  It would be a lot easy to value them with a picture.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "47wood"Any chance you could post some pics of those finds?  When it comes to descriptions one man's trash is anothers treasure.  It would be a lot easy to value them with a picture.   :wink:

I'll give him a call today and see if he can get a few pix.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dirk35

Id sure like to get my hands on a nice 40 Standar tudor. I like their grille better.

40 Chev Coupe

Just found a 30 Ford 2 door sedan in a barn.  The guy said he has a extra motor and a new interior for. He was going to restore it but lost intrest. The car is complete bumper to bumper. He's going to give me a price.

Strange things that you find.