A New block the hard way

Started by enjenjo, March 28, 2017, 12:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Very interesting. The people that work in shops with access to that equipment are posting pics of parts fairly often. Nothing that large but it's only time as the trickle down of technology occurs.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Technology is amazing isn't it?

I worked as a prototype buyer and we made investment castings from 3D printed patterns a lot...but we always had design files. They had to do it the hard way. So many things are possible nowadays.
George

idrivejunk

Amazing :shock: Do they do body parts?

I wonder how many cubic dollars that ran.
Matt

BFS57

Hello;
I saw a TV show where it showed that Chip Foose was using this technology to make complete car designs from Styrofoam
All cut by computer.
Also I have seen that Jay Leno uses this technology to make parts as well as special tools to work with his collection of vehicles!

Bruce

wayne petty

they did it the wrong way..

use the 3D printer to make the patterns for creating the sand cores.  not the sand cores directly..

i would hope that performance cylinder head manufacturers start doing that.... changing the pattern designs for producing the sand cores for prototype heads..  

although 3d printing the sand cores works .. its not as fast as production line filling equipment.

UGLY OLDS

KB is correct ... It's good to see this technology "trickle down" throughout the industry ...What would the people at the turn of the 20th century think of what we had available at the turn of the 21st  awhile back  :shock:  :shock:  :?:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****