Gasoline prices: 2017

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 26, 2017, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Gas prices seem to be in the same range here.

2.07 to 2.21 is what I see in my travels around the valley of the sun Arizona.  I have not ventured out very far  in recent months
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

butch27

Michigan got hit with ANOTHER gas tax that the voters turned down in Aug. !!

Bruce Dorsi

I paid $2.16 /gal for regular today in my part of NJ.

This includes the $0.23 INCREASE added last year to the existing taxes, so without the latest increase, we'd be at $1.93.

Anything under $2.25, I'm happy!  ...Anything under $3.00, I can tolerate.  ...Any thing over $3.00 =  :evil:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

In Aridzona there is talk of increase of gasoline tax...  

I have been pointing out to the Arizona D O T .. that seems to be plenty of money to build new freeways.  No money to maintain or upgrade the current freeways.

When heavy rains arrive...  some freeways flood when the drainage pump system fails.  Then A DOT blames the age of equipment & lack of fund$ to repair
Tony

idrivejunk

How crazy am I? I haven't bought anything but Shell premium for several years. It's the only thing that keeps a GTP going smooth long term without dumping in additives. Use it in the 455 too. Even when I had a GP GT it didn't get anything less than midgrade. I can't imagine caring so little about my ride as to put cheap gas in it but that's just me. So, constant penalty of an extra dollar or so per gallon. Hovering around 3 bucks for a long time now.
Matt

58 Yeoman

Anywhere from $1.99 to $2.39 at normal stations, no Costco, which is usually cheaper. It makes no sense to see a wide range in the same town/city.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

We jumped from $2.13 to $2.48 today....they said on the news it was the annual switch to summer grade
fuel....it was 37 degrees for a high today.  What excuse do they use in warm climates to jack the price up each Spring?

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "phat46"We jumped from $2.13 to $2.48 today....they said on the news it was the annual switch to summer grade
fuel....it was 37 degrees for a high today.  What excuse do they use in warm climates to jack the price up each Spring?

...and come fall, the price will rise because of the winter blend...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Paid 2.16 today at same station I bought gas for 2.10 about 3 days ago.
Tony

Charlie Chops 1940

$2.40-ish up to $2.65 around town today. Drove to Detroit this morning and it was pretty much the same accross the state. Filled up in Fraser at $2.56.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

I paid 2.16 today. Maybe the retailer hasn't had to refill the tanks and raise the price. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Still hovers around the 2.13 to 2.16 a gallon mark  where I run around.  

Sunday morning I will be filling the 5 gal can for the yard work machines.  Will see if gasoline price is up or down then
Tony

phat46

Ha...thought the .25c price hike a couple weeks ago was for the "summer blend" fuel....well seems they were a little premature. We jumped a few days ago again, to $2.65 gal. Again they are saying...summer blend change over....although I have yet to see
a truck filling any gas station tanks with new fuel......😉

chimp koose

sirstude

It is $2.26 here in East Helena, when I gassed up in Spokane Washington this morning it was $2.73. 300 miles away.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us