Steel Wheels

Started by 50 F1, March 02, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50 F1

Hello everyone. I am here every day but don't post much.  I have a few questions.
I have been working on a 37 Plymouth 2dr sedan slant back for a long time and I just got serious about it again this fall. I bought the wheels for it years ago probably around 2000. They are steel smoothies. Along with the wheels I bought one cap and one beauty ring. I didn't want to by all four and not like them. Well I like them and now I want to get the other three rings and caps to match what I have. I have looked through all my receipts and the only info I can find about the wheels is that they are 20 series. I bought most of my stuff back then from a now out of business shop so I can't get any info from them.
What does the series numbers mean? There are 20,18,12,14 etc. Does it have to do with the style of bumps that are stamped into the wheel to hold the caps on? I want to say they are Wheel Vintiques but not sure.  The ring is smooth and the cap is plain with two ribs. I have been on the net looking without much luck. Just not confident enough to order.
Any info or help would be great.
Thanks Mike

kb426

^^^^^^
I believe we have a winner. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Boy O Boy ....You can't slip much past that ol' Frank feller, Huh ?? ..:lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Golly Gee boys. All I did was Google series 20 steel wheels.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

^^^
I know but you gave instant service. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^AND reasonably priced too  :!:  :!:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Bruce Dorsi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

50 F1

Enjenjo & Bruce  Thanks for the info.

That is the wheel I have and the Hot rod smooth trim ring looks like mine. The 40 ford cap looks close but I am not sure.

I tried posting a  picture of my wheel set up  but I didn't have any luck. I must be doing something wrong. I have posted pictures a long time ago.

Thanks again
Mike

50 F1

If you add a file name into the browse box for a picture and then do a preview and there is no picture will it show up in the post or will it be blank?

This is what I am doing to add a picture.

Click browse
go to where my pictures are on my computer
Highlight the picture I want to add
Click ok
That file shows up in the browse box
Then I hit preview and there is no picture

kb426

I do that and it works so I'm not any help. I usually double click on the pic but I don't think that makes any difference.
TEAM SMART

kb426

You have to click add attachment before preview to see your pic.  :oops:
I guess I finally woke up.
TEAM SMART

50 F1

My Plymouth

KB  I had to resize the picture

50 F1

picture of hub cap I am looking for