What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carps

Ah yes, UAAI and model sharing, I've tried to put that episode out of my memory.

The GM product doubled our warranty claim rate, our customers/owners expected more from a Toyota and the whole exercise was a total debacle.  I still have nightmares.

The shame is that the incumbent US President, love him or hate him has a much better plan than Senator Button, "If you want to sell it in America then you'll make it in America". has a much better ring to it.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

wayne petty

A few weeks ago some guy on a bicycle attemped to car jack me. . He failed but I just saw him again. He saw me and was lurking around to peek around corners at me. Never in a good spot for me to get a good picture of.

Crosley.In.AZ

Worked on Goldwing today.  50k miles.  Time for fork rebuild and new springs,  mods to the forks.

Simple job.  Very messy. I was prepared for a mess.  It was still messier.

Yes ... the yellow wires and stuff are Airbag wires & sensors.

Blue tape is holding the bolts in place on various bits. One method I use to track parts when needed. The ice trays are another method I use to keep track of small parts
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "wayne petty"A few weeks ago some guy on a bicycle attemped to car jack me. . He failed but I just saw him again. He saw me and was lurking around to peek around corners at me. Never in a good spot for me to get a good picture of.

Pack heat, screw the camera :!:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, what kind of mods?

The Goldwing has a system on the  left fork called Anti-dive. It is activated with the rear foot brake. A valve shuts off the fork oil flow so the front of the bike does not dive when the brake is applied.

The system fails via stuck anti dive valve at the forks. This causes a stiff ride and leak on the left fork.  Which is what my bike was doing.  You de-activate the anti dive system via a shim in place on the valve .

I installed new springs from Traxxion. A popular brand and their parts seem to work well.

Also raise the fork tubes up in the triple clamps slightly. This mods the trail and rake of the bike.  Suppose to improve the handling of the bike.  I've  not had complaints on the handling, time will tell if I like this or lower the fork tubes back to OEM setting.

You raise the fork tubes .400 , so i dont think I will notice a large difference in my riding
Tony

kb426

Tony, I have knowledge of Traxxion. Good choice from my exp. Every bike that I raised the forks on quickened the steering so if that's your goal, you'll be happy. I'm a little surprised that the valve fails at 50,000 miles. The Goldwing is such a long mileage bike, I would have thought that a 100,000 would have been the point. Shows what I know. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

The fall nostalgia race was today.  I watched Hooley make a couple of great passes in the time trials and then I came home.  I will call him tomorrow and see how he did during eliminations.  The Henry J looks good going down the strip.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, I have knowledge of Traxxion. Good choice from my exp. Every bike that I raised the forks on quickened the steering so if that's your goal, you'll be happy. I'm a little surprised that the valve fails at 50,000 miles. The Goldwing is such a long mileage bike, I would have thought that a 100,000 would have been the point. Shows what I know. :)

The forks are a weak design  point in the Goldwing.  Service at 30k miles is suggested. New bushings, seals.

I put 15w oil in these forks.  Test ride this afternoon.  Bike seems fine. I can tell I have the antidive deactivated. But:  I dont feel the front end dive at hard stops is a problem.  I braked hard enough at speed, the ABS activated.

Some ppl told me to use 20w oil , others said 10w oil in the forks. Traxxion instructions said 20w.....  I used 15w oil... Easy enough to change if I want to

Seems to land smoother after lifting the front tire off the ground in 1st
Tony

kb426

I had a board meeting this evening so not much is being accomplished. I'm getting electrical connectors laid out for wiring this weekend. Just took a few minutes to find them all. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I strung out the garden hoses to drain the water out of them for the winter. The hose reels stay outside for the winter. The township road commissioner came by today to see what we can do to the ditch between my property and the county road. It's eroding pretty bad. I told him that I've got some money that I can throw at it also. First off, the 18" whistle going under my driveway is rotted out, so that has to be replaced. That means a 3'x10 blacktop strip will have to be cut out. He'll be supplying three sections of 15" whistle and fill to do the minimum, and I'll find a landscaper company to do the rest.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Hey Phil ...You're lucky ...I did my drive this summer in new blacktop, ( 4600S.Ft.  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: $$$) , and wanted to replace the culvert at the end of my drive to allow proper drainage ...(ON MY NICKEL   :!: ) ..I was advised that I would need to supply a full engineering report and IF accepted, my property would then assume FULL responsibility for my drainage & any drainage issues "upstream" from me ...    :shock:  :?  :shock: ..I politely told the nice engineer man that I will continue to enjoy cutting the soggy grass in HIS ditch....  :roll:  :roll:
I had to take " Before & After" photos to verify that we did nothing to "his" ditch..... :twisted:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Today I rolled calmly past a quarter million miles on the GTP.  :)(
Matt

enjenjo

Today I took the front end of my Ford Escape apart. It needed struts, I have them. It needs brakes, I have new rotors and pads, but it needs calipers and hoses too. The bleeders are hopelessly stuck in the calipers, and the hoses are both frayed at the ends. Tie rod ends are tight, and the rack is good. Now I have to wait for the parts I don't have.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.