What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello;
Well, was tending the BAR B Q this evening here in Calif when I heard what I thought was a low flying jet (live near Oakland Intl)
When I looked up, I was surprised to see the Blue Angels flying in formation and as they flew over they made trails from the jets!
What a surprise!!

Bruce

Crosley.In.AZ

I've forgotten to include the  shoe in photo in my posts  on the Morris Minor .....
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

Tony your feet are integrated...or are they segregated....
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Nothin' wrong there....he's got two pairs like that.   Go Tony.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jaybee

I learned a thing or two about current technology while not getting to work to do the things I'd planned this morning. Fortunately it wasn't boss-mandated attendance, because it took me a while to get it sorted out.

My 2014 Fiesta has 38,000mi on it now and picked this morning to lose the battery. No big deal I thought, hop in the other wheels and go get one, slap it in and go, right?

Not quite that simple, though it wasn't too bad to fix. When I fired it back up I had a CIL, the "wrench light" which shows need of an oil change, and the Sync screen had an ominous warning "Transmission fault, immediate service required." It has the 6 speed, dual clutch gearbox.

Turns out disconnecting the smoke source causes the PCM to throw all sorts of complaints. Getting the thing back to normal entailed disconnecting the battery, turning on the dome light to drain all the stored voltage, idling at 1200rpm for a minute to help the unit learn, driving around the neighborhood at low speed until the trans started to relearn, and clearing codes from the PCM.

One of those doodads that feeds voltage to the system through the power port/cigarette lighter seems like a pretty good idea next time.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

went to a swap meet today . On the way I stopped in to see a t coupe that was advertised for sale . Car is complete , and the fenders seem solid . One front fender is very nice the other is cracked and bent in on the out side edge . rear fenders are solid but tweaked pretty good . The only thing this car has that I need are door hinges , mine need a lot of work . I think this would be a good car for someone but I just want the parts I need . I do not want to spend the time selling off parts to make back the investment . I will likely buy new steel fenders from macs and machine up a pair of hinges . How much finish work is required on the new steel fenders available ?

WZ JUNK

Just arrived back home after a week at the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park.  Traveling is over for the year.  Now it is back to car stuff.   Local fall festival car show is tomorrow and I plan to be there.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

QuoteOne of those doodads that feeds voltage to the system through the power port/cigarette lighter seems like a pretty good idea next time.

I bought one of those to use on my vehicles if needed, and IIRC, my Ford Ranger said not to use one. But...I never had problems like you did. Even the radio presets stayed in.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Some plumbing repair saturday morning.  Vacuum breaker for my landscape water system.

Guvernment requires the device  here.

We Attended a car show event today.  Talked to folks I have not seen in years.

I was standing in the Baer brake booth with a long time friend.. this guy kept looking at me.... finally he walked up and asked me if I owned a Camaro years ago. I told him we had owned 9 different gen 1 Camaros . Then he described my 1969 Yellow Pro street Camaro I had in the 1980's.

Still Interesting on how car people remember & connect.
Tony

kb426

Tony, we know about vacuum breakers here, to. :) I agree with your car guy statement. Usually I remember something because of the car, not the person so if there not next to the car, I'm at a loss.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

still fighting the pipe fittings on my air tank for the air suspension.  Just cannot get them to seal.  I even tried putting epoxy over the the threads and the air just pushed it away from the tank.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

When I was still working, and we had to join SS fittings, we would put teflon tape on the threads, then pipe joint compound over that. Seemed to work for us.

Phil

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sirstude"still fighting the pipe fittings on my air tank for the air suspension.  Just cannot get them to seal.  I even tried putting epoxy over the the threads and the air just pushed it away from the tank.

I have had trouble with leaks also.  Mine have been with the push to connect fittings.   I think it is just poor design and or poor quality fittings.  Most systems use an onboard compressor and it maintains the regulated pressure even if you have leaks.  I do not understand why we have this problem because in the past I have used air shocks that have held their pressure for long periods of time.   It is frustrating.

John :cry:
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Nuttin accomplished today.  

Apparently on saturday doing the plumbing work.. I strained my low left back while bent over threading & tightening stuff. Low back & Left hip is where the arthritis is the worse

Sunday morning I was spraying some weeds with hand held 2 gallon sprayer.. I took a step, stopped and pow the pain hit me.

Spent most of the day in bed with my usual meds taken
Tony