What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

That is neat, and neatly done. Nice 8)

I can't say much about the Dr. type problems except get well soon. I do know my Dad had a spinal fusion in the 70s where they used a piece of donor bone from the pelvis maybe. That has served him well for half his life. Its probably a cake walk now. Personally I rely on denial to carry me through, and when I realized my busted wrist therapist was just gonna ride my insurance I asked them to re revaluate me and get me the heck out of there. Had to do bodywork while I "healed". Was that physio? :?
Matt

WZ JUNK

Today, at the ripe old age of 68, I am taking a vehicle to a new car dealers repair shop for the first time in my life.  The air bag light is on and after several days and lots of reading, I am giving up and taking it in to be fixed.  I give up.  There have been several times over the years that I have used local mechanics to help me with projects, but this is the first time I have had to go to a dealership.  We have never purchased a new car, and I have never intended to do so, but as I age, it might be in my future.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

John,

My wife's 2008 Dodge Caravan had the airbag light come on and I could not figure it out.  Took it to the dealer and the issue turned out to be one of the wires under the power drivers seat was scraped.  They said they cut out the bad section and repositioned everything and sent us on our way.  I did see this as one of the issues on the web.  That rig has had quite a few wiring issues.  Also it wears out the brakes way too soon.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
Thanks for the support! Yes, the surgeon I have is supposed to be one of the best!
The operation will be L3/4,L4/5 decompression and L3/4 Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion!
I'm supposed to be up and walking next day after surgery (squealing pig syndrom)!
Supposed to go home after 2 days!
I had my hip replaced a few years ago and it wasn't too bad (squealing pig syndrom)!
Whats really wicked is that this condition seems to be in control of your processes of elimination! (who thought!)
I got so many jobs to get done it ain't funny!! Got a new radiator for my 57 and want to get Vicky ready for Auction or advertised sale!
One good thing, our daughter is coming from Florida to stay for 2 weeks to help out!
Once again thank all of you for your support!

Bruce

Don't rush the recovery. It took several months for me to be pain free.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Today, at the ripe old age of 68, I am taking a vehicle to a new car dealers repair shop for the first time in my life.  The air bag light is on and after several days and lots of reading, I am giving up and taking it in to be fixed.  I give up.  There have been several times over the years that I have used local mechanics to help me with projects, but this is the first time I have had to go to a dealership.  We have never purchased a new car, and I have never intended to do so, but as I age, it might be in my future.

John

In my Escape it was a broken wire on the passenger seat connector.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Tony, nice fix. John I have the same feeling about the future. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, nice fix. John I have the same feeling about the future. :)

A couple of loose wires at the connector for the seat positioning sensor.  $250  It is only money.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Do you ever wonder how wires get loose under a seat when nothing touches them? :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
A couple of loose wires at the connector for the seat positioning sensor.  $250  It is only money.

John

The 2006 VW Jetta we had.. The airbag lite came on in the dash. I checked trouble codes.  I looked online for the problem and solution. Looked like it was expensive repair.

Then 4 days later. I receive a recall notice from VW on the problem.  I had found the recall notice online.  But the stuff I read, it appeared our Jetta was outside the VIN numbers of the recall.  But:  the recall had been expanded to more cars.

It was wire harness under the front seats. Faulty connectors
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Looks like I got caught cruising thru Plaza West cruise nite tonight with my Sis In Law Charlotte before heading out for a couple of passes down our main drag Douglas

Oh yeah Charlotte let me know she had met kb426 during her car show photography.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quick look at how I fitted the 1/8 inch metal together on my Morris rear frame section.

All edges have a bevel on them for weld penetration  

I do not own a tig welder and dont know how to tig .  Miller 210 mig machine welds this stuff up.  I barely melt the metal together well enough, but the job is done.
Tony

chimp koose

same welder at my place . good machine

kb426

Tony, looks good. Did you use cad technology? :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

I never show pictures of my welding ..... :oops:    I specialize in grinding .... :shock:  8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

I was able to tack in 4 link brackets to the relocated frame section I lowered last week.  All is just tack welded on the frame side.

I re-hung all the rear diff parts , 4 link back in for a check on fitment.

I also lowered the drive shaft hoop down about 1 3/8 inch

Ride height measurements indicate the Morris should have a slight nose up attitude I wanted with the straight axle under the front.

Keep in mind.. The Morris is sitting on jack stands. This old man is crawling in , under , around the car cutting , fitting grinding , welding.  I guess it keeps me agile
Tony