What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

That Pontiac was sired by a Chevy... Cyber Grey color, center exhaust exit, pushbutton start, modified LS7 under the hood... etc. (Corvette) It has a full Roadster Shop frame and all custom floors. Out of the four dudes that built it, I did the least. :)
Prius owners drive pedal to the metal around here, guess they have to prove to themselves they aren't giving anything up driving electric. Not sure if my GP or the TA is louder but the average Cummins or Harley makes it OK to be that loud. I rode in the faux TA a time or two and can't remember if its 5 or 6 speed but its geared so high you gotta feather the clutch to get going in tame fashion.

Yesterday I replaced the last unknown wheel bearing on the GTP, today I'll get that Cat body situated. Happy Monday round table  :)
Matt

Rrumbler

:oops:  :lol: How about that!!! A Chevy imitating a Pontiac.   :wink:  :wink:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Rrumbler":oops:  :lol: How about that!!! A Chevy imitating a Pontiac.   :wink:  :wink:

They used to do that in Canada all the time .... :roll:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

It does say LS7 7.0L on the shaker. I had a '71 Venura II Sprint with the original SBC 307 2 barrel and 3 on the floor. I was glad it was set up that way, personally. I know Ponch V8s ain't for everyone but my 455 is a great fit for the need. So is the TA, really. The man wanted a new Corvette in old Trans Am skin and he got that. It was just a rusty green with black vinyl top plain Pontiac 350 two barrel, no great sin there.

I didn't accomplish a great deal today at work and was a tad grouchy until Dad stopped by. He liked seeing the Biscayne firsthand. :D
Matt

BFS57

Hello;
Havn't posted for a bit! Don't worry, I'm not dead yet, well, almost!
Been in the weeds for a while had a lot of sciataca goin on. My Physical therapiats suggested I see a spine Dr. Well, sure as can be, I have arthatitis of the spine!! Can't tell anyone how much * pain I have been in!! Now have a operation coming my way on Oct 10!
Cars are setting!!! I don't like that!!! But theres not too much I can do presently.
All in all this thing has taken me from full standing, walking to having to use a walker!! *, I hate it!!
Have no feeling in my feet from my knees down!!! I only hope this surgeon waves a magic wand and I get back to a painless exhistance!!!
Wish me luck!! I need it!!

Bruce

enjenjo

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
Havn't posted for a bit! Don't worry, I'm not dead yet, well, almost!
Been in the weeds for a while had a lot of sciataca goin on. My Physical therapiats suggested I see a spine Dr. Well, sure as can be, I have arthatitis of the spine!! Can't tell anyone how much * pain I have been in!! Now have a operation coming my way on Oct 10!
Cars are setting!!! I don't like that!!! But theres not too much I can do presently.
All in all this thing has taken me from full standing, walking to having to use a walker!! *, I hate it!!
Have no feeling in my feet from my knees down!!! I only hope this surgeon waves a magic wand and I get back to a painless exhistance!!!
Wish me luck!! I need it!!

Bruce

Been there, done that. It worked for me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

sorry to hear of your back issues , I hope surgery goes well . I have had back issues before but nothing to the extent some of you have had . If you are sent for physio .... do it !  My brother is a physio and his greatest frustration is patients who do not do their exercises . The exercises are designed to help you heal with a greater range of mobility than if you just sat and healed .

kb426

Best wishes, Bruce. I see way more success stories than I used to. Are they doing the camera surgery or more invasive?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Back & leg pain ain't fun ...Hope it comes out OK for you...They can't fix mine.. :(   I agree with what Chimp said ..If you are sent for physio .... do it  :!:  I prolly should have done more.. I don't think that it would have helped in my case ...

Keep thinkin' positive & do your Physio  :!:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rrumbler

I'll be thinking of you, Bruce, I am pretty much at the same point so I can empathize with you.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

BFS57

Hello;
Thanks for the support! Yes, the surgeon I have is supposed to be one of the best!
The operation will be L3/4,L4/5 decompression and L3/4 Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion!
I'm supposed to be up and walking next day after surgery (squealing pig syndrom)!
Supposed to go home after 2 days!
I had my hip replaced a few years ago and it wasn't too bad (squealing pig syndrom)!
Whats really wicked is that this condition seems to be in control of your processes of elimination! (who thought!)
I got so many jobs to get done it ain't funny!! Got a new radiator for my 57 and want to get Vicky ready for Auction or advertised sale!
One good thing, our daughter is coming from Florida to stay for 2 weeks to help out!
Once again thank all of you for your support!

Bruce

kb426

I just watched the tlif videos. Another modern procedure that is way better than the old way. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Been messin with the Morris Minor frame chassis.

Instead of trying to pie cut a 2 x 3 chunk of tube.  I used 1/8 inch flat material to create a fill-in  piece from end of chassis tube to the rear cross member
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Tidy looking solution there Crosley !