What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "kb426"Dave and Phil, it's great you're making progress. :)

I'M making progress?? LOL. You do more in one day that I do in one week. But, thanks anyway. My old car problems should be done for this year. One of these days, I'll have to look at rebuilding the front end on the Galaxie. I think it was done before I got it, but it looks like they didn't do the bushings.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Today I caught the 33 job headed out-

Matt

kb426

Looks great, Matt. I don't know whether to be happy for the owner or sad because it may become a trailer queen. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Aw, you know how it is... show car until the crisp wears off a little then sold or driven. Who knows? Hopefully some day I will see the coupe again in full dress and get some glamour shots. Maybe keep your eyes peeled at next year's shows and snap a few for me. :idea:  :arrow:
Matt

416Ford

Quote from: "kb426"Dave and Phil, it's great you're making progress. :)

Thanks kb I have too many projects in the garage right now so anything I get done to her car is a big step. Now back to my POS Bocat repairs.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

58 Yeoman

My wife and I went to Peoria, IL today to see the replica's of the Pinta and Nina. We had gone a few years ago to see just the Nina...or was it the Pinta. Whatever. Still, there is no way you'd get me on one of those on Lake Michigan, let alone the Atlantic Ocean. C'mon. The Nina is about 65' and the Pinta is about a whopping 85'. There were a coupe cruisers sitting in the marina that were as long as that, and I wouldn't be taking them on the ocean, either.

We left there and came across the river to the east side, and were waiting to make a left turn after getting off I74. There are two left turn lanes, and one right turn lane. The lights turned green, and I had to wait a mere second for the intersection to clear, then started ahead, same as the girl on my right was doing. This huge Ford car came through the red light  from my left doing about 40. I blasted the horn, and looked at the girl to the right, and her eyes were as big as pie plates. She was actually farther out than I was. Two seconds sooner, and we'd all been toast. :evil:

Phil

chimp koose

pumped out most of the fish pond today . Fish were busy this year as I found a few baby fish! I put them in a separate container as I would like to raise them instead of letting them get eaten . Also changed the water in the basement fish tank . Too many jobs to do to get into any car stuff. Went to a wedding on Saturday and ended up at the banquet sitting with a former student from 22 years ago . We talked about the time I had a friend bring his alcohol funny car to show my students . We fired it up just outside my shop and were impressed by the number of students from other classes who were let out to see . Actually they were dismissed from classes and told to leave the building as nobody knew what the noise was and they thought something was going very wrong ....oops !

58 Yeoman

HAH! I'm saving myself a couple thousand dollars starting today. There are 8 honey locust trees on my property line at the front road. Very dirty trees, and they are leaning towards my property. Problem is that the power lines run along the road next to the trees. Every year or so, the POCO contractors come and trim the trees. They came by last week and started trimming the trees. I mentioned to the foreman that it would be nice for everyone if the trees were just gone. He said they could do it, but they were called to help with Irma in FL.

Well...a different crew came by today and asked me if I wanted trees taken down. I couldn't say yes fast enough. The foreman did all the cutting so far, and has three trees down to an 8' trunk. I  told him I could handle the trunks. He shreds the brush and cuts the logs into mangable sizes for me to finish cutting and splitting. I cut and my wife splits it with the splitter. We have so much wood already, I don't have much more room. May have to sell some.

Phil

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "kb426"Merry Christmas, Phil! :)

Thanks KB. We've had a couple large trees taken down that were over my ability, and were ~$750, and we had to clean up the wood and brush. I really like the fact that the POCO is footing the whole bill.

Now...back to our regularly scheduled program...

Phil

kb426

I couldn't get the pic to load. Sorry to waste your time.  :oops:
TEAM SMART

kb426

I'm about to wash the 51. This weekend is the Goodland Ks show. The weather forecast is 100% chance of rain. :) The truck's dirty anyway.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I took the 54 to my friends transmission shop to have the front gasket and seal replaced and the tail shaft bearing.  While I was there, they pulled the driveshaft and both universal joints were bad.  6000 miles on those new bearings.  More bearing failures.  I have had so many bearing failures on this car that I am not surprised when I find another one has failed.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

That's a real pita, John. It seems luck has become a large part of buying new parts. I just rolled past 5000 on the 51. Maybe I should look at the driveshaft. :)
TEAM SMART

river1

Country of origin on those bearings?

TIA

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.