What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Its the only major change I've made to the bucket since its been on the road.

I'm not sure I would call that major. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Sirstude, I agree. I have a slope-ing drive. Good to hear you're making progress.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

The bucket sure looks more alert  :shock:  :)

Late breaking news... Fastenal said $150 to take a 40x48x60 wrapped skid of 300 lbs total from NW Arkansas to around Kalamazoo. I believe thats a sale! :idea:  Oh... now I gotta do the work  :roll:  but I get a bedroom back  :)

Thanks again for the tip, 58Yeoman  );b(

I researched (read wiki) paypal and thought hell no. We're using WalMart money transfer for the transaction. Fee but easy.
Matt

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "idrivejunk"The bucket sure looks more alert  :shock:  :)

Late breaking news... Fastenal said $150 to take a 40x48x60 wrapped skid of 300 lbs total from NW Arkansas to around Kalamazoo. I believe thats a sale! :idea:  Oh... now I gotta do the work  :roll:  but I get a bedroom back  :)

Thanks again for the tip, 58Yeoman  );b(

I researched (read wiki) paypal and thought hell no. We're using WalMart money transfer for the transaction. Fee but easy.

Glad it worked out for you.

Now...back to watching you do body work. :)
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"

Glad it worked out for you.

Now...back to watching you do body work. :)

Palletizing the seats should be an adventure of it's own!  :roll:

Hope you enjoy the show.  :)  Here is a little channel surfing action  :arrow:

Who remembers the '67 Fairlady? I did metal work on this whole thing awhile back, and filler & primer on the parts, then it was blasted and epoxied. The day to start back on the body arrived. Once theres polyester primer on the body, the customer will bring the chassis back to us for a mockup. He has it about ready now, and our new man is zipping right along with the body so far.

Thats not really something I want a ride in. This is...

I was not involved in that job. What a honey of a ride though :!: The owner came by with a 3 way flasher for it today, thats about all I know. Don't know what color that is.  :?  8)
Matt

kb426

What, no rust! I must be tuned into the wrong channel! :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"What, no rust! I must be tuned into the wrong channel! :)

Go dump trash, my friend  :wink:  :arrow:
Matt

chimp koose

Picked up the rear fenders for the T today . They look pretty good .might try a fitting tomorrow . Anything I should be careful of , these fenders are old stock from a glass guy who closed shop 30 years ago ? The wide pair have a slight twist along the mounting flange and the stock ones have a slightly turned under outside edge . I am thinking a gentle persuasion with the heat gun when they are installed ? managed to straighten my Anglia fiberglass that way .

idrivejunk

I've never seen any success with heating and bending fiberglass. Only prolonged agony and re-do expenses. More than once. I'll give you one guess who fixed the mess. Your mileage may vary, but in my mind its wishful thinking. But if you got 'glass T fenders and are not already disappointed, I'd say you made a good scvore though. Hmm if you're fitting fenders does that mean you got the quarters like you want? :)
Matt

chimp koose

I bought the fenders at the same time as the trunk lid thinking everything was good to go .Fenders just took longer to get here . I am hoping to get after the trunk this weekend . A stock car acquaintance showed me how readily the trunk area will bend around so I guess I am not so nervous any more . Its been a while since I made any progress on this thing . I have to make headway before I lose my drive . Building cars can be a humbling experience.

kb426

The 92 F150 is reassembled to go to the scrap pile. The engine and trans has been moved to the garage for cleaning and inspection. I had all the wiring harness laid out and took a pic. It has less than the 96 mustang but there seems to still be a lot of wire. I bought a used Cooling Components fan on ebay this week for it. I've powered it up and everything looks good. It's the same one I have on the 32 and I sure have been satisfied with it.  Once I look the engine over, I'll finish with some major decisions and get serious with this deal.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

So that would be a 302? Or a 351.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

302. It was a high mileage vehicle but no one knows if the engine had been worked on.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Does it carry a Mustang type warranty..  :roll:  :?:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Ranchero.  8)

Its 80 here. (covers head to dodge thrown objects)  :shock: Mower started on the first revolution. :)

Yesterday I replaced coolant elbows on the Swee' P and today I washed the funk off it. Then drove snot outta the big one. We did loud obnoxious things to a few roads and well... happiness is a warm Grand Prix. You guys that don't have one are missing out!  :D

(the birds think they are ponds if I wash them)
Matt