What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

What is the point of the suspension????
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Improved ride, maaan.  :?  :lol:  

I think it might have been a good choice for blocking primer on for example the decklid of the 33, or the fender tops. I think the advantage is that no on-the-fly adjustment is needed whereas some more basic designs of curved blocks are fixed in one contour until you adjust them. Thats my guess anyhow.
Matt

chimp koose

am getting pretty steamed ! post office screwed up on a money order I sent to pay for some fenders and the guy cant cash it ! serial #s don't match so they are investigating . Starting to feel like I might as well have burned that $500 . At least I would have been entertained .

kb426

CK, I've never heard of that before. Is it machine or computer printed at the origin?
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Welded up the strut mount brackets on the frame last night and pulled the rear pig to get a better highway gear. When I pulled the left axle I was reminded of the an earlier problem in the build where the high school shop class put to long of a bolt in the rear brake splitter box and it gouged the rear axle. Time to have that checked for straightness while it is out.

CK, I hope the seller is on your side. If he thinks you are trying to scam him it may already be a done deal.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

I think that the Canadian Postal Service may be different than ours in the US ...Down here, a Postal MO is about the next best thing to standing there with folding $$$$...  8), and if there is any "Hanky Panky", the postal inspectors are on it like flies on .....  
They are one group NOT to be messed with & they work VERY secretly ... :evil:

The people that are aware of them are more afraid of postal inspectors than the IRS ...   :shock:
(We used to arrange service on their cars...SNEAKY....Very few Crown Vics at the time .. LOTS of "everyday looking vehicles"....LOTS of undercover work....:twisted: )

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Dave ...What is a "rear brake splitter box"   :?:

Bob.. :wink:

chimp koose

Sounds like the money order thing may be resolved . I have apologised profusely for the trouble it has caused . I am aware of the US postal money order thing . It is considered as mail fraud in the US and is a federal offence to my understanding . I prefer to have things shipped by USPS or Canada post over most other carriers because they are much more reasonable with duty charges . I will not buy from a US supplier if they don't ship with USPS or Canada post . I will never have UPS touch a parcel of mine ever again .

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Dave ...What is a "rear brake splitter box"   :?:

It also called a dohicky.  :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: 416Ford
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Dave ...What is a "rear brake splitter box"   :?:

QuoteIt also called a dohicky.  :)

NOW I understand ...The brake line goesinda with optional matching goesouttas... :idea:

Bob... :wink:

idrivejunk

Sky over NW AR is like a Pink Floyd laser light show tonight  :shock:

Stumbled across this thing today, on page 3 (and others) of our favorite car show pic site's Starbird Tulsa page.  8) Memories. Thanx!

The ghost flames do stand out under the show lights :)

Matt

idrivejunk

8)  :D  George

Today I inquired how much to ship the back seat of a 2002 Grand Prix to Michigan. $350!  :shock:  :?  :lol:  Yeah but naw.
Matt

chimp koose

Just found out the money order worked and the fenders were shipped today. With fenders here I can finally figure out exact offset for my rear wheels and make them . I still need to make a hood top and then I have all of the body panels . Front fenders are pretty rough but still at least have some .

UGLY OLDS

That's good news Chimp....Now your project can continue ... 8)