What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Matt, was that truck in the Wichita show?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Matt, was that truck in the Wichita show?

I don't think so. The Starbird Devlin one that was like last weekend? I was suprised to see all guys present at the shop with that one going on, but I guess they were saving their efforts for this one. I missed too much shop news this week already  :?   but I think I'm going to be shaving gas tank cover bolts on the '33 tomorrow  :roll:  :lol: 8)
Matt

kb426

Matt, that show was last month. On the first page of carnut's pics, there is a blue and white truck that I thought was one from your shop.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Well slap me for not paying attention  :lol:  Who all took the pics? I scoped the thumbs.

Yes, thats the truck :!:  8)  A shame that its not more of a technological marvel, but it does have charisma.

I didn't have much to do with that one but man... there sure is a lot of nice :shock:  :D  pics of the green and white 30 Ford (I called it a '31, sign says 30 :roll:  ) wearing my filler bath from a few years ago. Wonder if either of them did any good on awards?
Matt

Carnut

This one?

Pics by my Sis-in-Law Charlotte.

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Yes thats the one. I tore it down, installed a fabbed bed floor and may have lent a hand here and there on the bodywork.

Gary sez that truck got "best late truck" and the little green all steel roadster from Bentonville got "best hot rod"! 8)

Glad some of you have had a chance to eyeball our deeds firsthand.
Matt

idrivejunk

I will close my pic dumping spree for today with this delicious and nutritious appetizer shot of the dreaded cross brace crud, fresh from the vomitorium  :D  :arrow:

...and refrain from any Bob Seger references for the time being.
Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

I'm either optimistic or stupid. I moved the snow blower to storage this afternoon. It has been warmer than usual and I'm ready to get back to work. :) Yesterday I ordered a mess of parts so I can get a bunch done before needing to spend more money. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent some time looking at pics from Detroit. I wish I would have gone. Amazing craftsmanship!
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I set up a youtube account so that I can post a link to a video.  This is probably not a big deal to most of you but it was something I wanted, and I have put off for a long time.  It was actually really easy.  I still fight technology but I really enjoy it once I have it going my way.

Recently I got off on another side track and I built something that has been on my mind for a long time.  I have always had a fascination with wind powered whirligigs.  If you have stopped at my place, you already know that I have one big one in my back yard.  I have built a couple more and even more are in the works.  Here is a link to one of the latest,  
  This will be the test of the youtube account.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH