window frame

Started by chimp koose, June 06, 2016, 01:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Beck"The butyl comes in different thicknesses I think.

3/8" and 5/16" are most popular, and the "ribbon sealer" or "butyl tape" as it is called, is available in square or round ribbons. I'd go 5/16" square in this because square is better as a dam and the window is small. The link below is just an example. Parts stores usually have 3M.

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?Productid=12454&GroupID=19979&History=30587:19747:19758:19954&ModelID=19979
Matt

chimp koose

you guys are a wealth of information ! I doubt I will be installing windows in the next year but I will probably be modifying the windshield opening some time this year.

Beck

Making plans now is what allows it all to work out in the end. You need to figure out what you are going to use to install the glass before you add the filler piece.

My problem is by the time I get to the later step I have forgotten what the plan was. Make notes.

UGLY OLDS

PLAN  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  

We're supposed to have a PLAN  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :roll:

All the original parts I bought & stocked away for my Model A "Retirement Project" have gone out of style & have now come back as "retro parts" .. :roll:

I'll be ready for the next "come back" ...... 8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****