Kerosene fueled steam cleaner, conversion to diesel fuel?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 11, 2016, 09:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I have a 20+ yr old steam cleaner.  Low hours, in good shape mostly.  Used it seldom.  I have not fired this steam cleaner up in 2 yrs

Also have a salmander heater that uses kero.  I guess the heater's useablity days are over .

Kerosene is getting hard to find and expensive.

Been wondering about converting to diesel or another fuel  or a mixture of something?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I don't know anything about diesels, but I thought that I read where #2 diesel is about the same as kerosene.  Or, was it #1 diesel is the same?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I don't know anything about diesels, but I thought that I read where #2 diesel is about the same as kerosene.  Or, was it #1 diesel is the same?

#1 is about the same, but dirties up the works a lot faster.  We ran our salamanders on #2 at work, but had to change the filter often.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Around here kerosene was $2.49/gal at the pump a couple of weeks ago when I bought 30 gallons of K-1. It isn't as cheap as diesel but a lot cleaner for what I need it for and it's got a long shelf life.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"Around here kerosene was $2.49/gal at the pump a couple of weeks ago when I bought 30 gallons of K-1. It isn't as cheap as diesel but a lot cleaner for what I need it for and it's got a long shelf life.

Couple places, I could fill or only buy 2 -3 gallons in my 5 gallon can... stopped selling kerosene.

Places that carry 1 gallon cans of kero , want 10 - 11 dollars a gallon can.

I am still looking
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Quote from: "purplepickup"Around here kerosene was $2.49/gal at the pump a couple of weeks ago when I bought 30 gallons of K-1. It isn't as cheap as diesel but a lot cleaner for what I need it for and it's got a long shelf life.
Kerosene here has been $4.75 per gal. for the last 3 yrs. I finally got tired of buying it & had an electric heat /ac pump installed in my shop 2 wks ago.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!