Model T stuff.

Started by chimp koose, February 19, 2016, 05:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I am slowly getting back to working on the T. I have been encouraged by a local body guy who does a lot of high end builds not to sandblast the body unless necessary . So for now I am going to rough up the sub rails and coat them in POR15  . Then I can make the floor panels . I think I will rivet them in with the original rivet holes . I want to coat everything and do not want to burn off any coating with the welding . I can also use body caulk between the floor pans and sub rails while riveting for a leakproof fit . The guy at the paint store said that he stores his POR15 by placing saran wrap down in the can touching the paint and uses a stick to get the wrap to adhere to all the edges of the can . Then put it where it can't be bumped . I was also thinking I could purge the air with mig gas before closing the lid .

enjenjo

Use a double layer of saran wrap. The first one down on the paint like you mentioned, and the second at the top of the can.  With a single layer I have had the lid refuse to come back off because the POR very effectively glues it in place permanently.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose