Ordering parts.

Started by enjenjo, February 17, 2016, 06:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

On the 39 Ford I am working on, I need a push rod retainer, and a master cylinder boot. I ordered the boot from the local parts store, I figured I could make the retainer, and several days later they called and told me the DC no longer stocks them, and they don't have a current source. So I reordered the boot from Jegs, they said it would be delivered on the 10th, 5 days. A long time, considering Columbus is only 110 miles away. When it did not come on the 10th, I called and was told it was out of stock, and would not be in until at least the 26th of this month. :shock:  I canceled that order and called Mancini Racing, The guy there said the retainer, and the boot were both in stock, "I am holding them in my hand", and "You'll have them Tuesday". So Tuesday, when it didn't show up, I called Mancini again. He told me it still had not shipped, they had the boot on back order! :evil: After I told him the first guy claimed to have the parts in his hand, he put me on hold, and magically found the boot, so he said it would ship yesterday. Today about 1030 Mancini called and they had screwed up the credit card number, it wouldn't go through, and it still isn't shipped! I told him if I didn't have it by Friday, I didn't want it. He swore that it will be shipped overnight, and I will have it tomorrow. So the best he can do not is 7 days, from Detroit to Toledo. :?:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I feel for you! Makes me want to hurt people.
TEAM SMART

Carps

If it will make you feel better Frank, Australia Post (our version of your USPS) can take up to six months to deliver a regular letter to the next suburb, if it gets delivered at all.

Took me almost 12 moths to get a $50k cheque from two hundred miles away, sent registered mail and required a signature on delivery.  They lost the first two (or at least that's what they claimed) which meant the cheques had to be cancelled and then resent.  Still took a month for the last one to arrive, despite the sender both registering it and paying the extra for their overnight 'rush' service.

The cost of a stamp for a regular letter here is $1.20 a 1kilogram (2.2lbs) package from Melbourne to St Louis is only $75.00.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Now for the best part. After I posted, I went out in the shop to do some clean up. The first thing I picked up was a master cylinder repair kit. I opened the box, and right on top was the boot I needed. :shock:

Crosley.In.AZ

Frank: Glad you found the boot .

I have ordered some small bits & pieces off eBay in recent weeks.  FOr the Simca gasser drag car project.  Which is another story.

One part from Calliefornia, other from Michigan.

Callie part was in that lost abyss Smart Post where USPS partners with Fed X   or UPS ... slowest shipping I have ever seen out here on west coast.

Michigun part was in regular USPS system

Parts both arrived the same day with Michigun part traveling much further.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mac

Quote from: "enjenjo"Now for the best part. After I posted, I went out in the shop to do some clean up. The first thing I picked up was a master cylinder repair kit. I opened the box, and right on top was the boot I needed. :shock:

Things happen for a reason.
Who\'s yer Data?

enjenjo

I finished it up today after three weeks of waiting on parts. Works like a champ. The problem it came in for was excessive pedal pressure needed to stop. A belcrank that  increased the pedal ratio a bit was all it needed.

idrivejunk

I'm working on an 01 Yukon. Aftermarket fenders fit best but still poorly. So I have a crummy fit but at least it bolts up. But the aftermarket park lamp won't even come close to snapping into the aftermarket mount panel. But the old one fits easily. I'd put a grille on but they brought black not chrome. Too many buts.

Frank, you'll find everything you look for in the last place you look.
Matt