HOT ROD CAFE

Started by Dusty, September 16, 2004, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

If any of you ever get around Post Falls Idaho, you should go to the Hot Rod Cafe.  It is right on IH 90 leaving Washington state going East.  I went there under advice of Don Palferman.  It really was a pleasant rest stop.  We spent about 2 hours there.  There are videos of cruises and rod runs going all the time.  They are also on the web.  Lotsa good food too....

Benny Rhoads
Orange, Texas
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

WZ JUNK

Benny,  I PMed you some time back wanting you to email me your email address so I can send you frame pictures.  I bet if you look up near the top of this page you will see a note that says you have a new personal message.

Sorry I side tracked your post but I have been looking for you to respond to something, so I could contact you.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

couper

...On the south side of the freeway...black roadster up high on a pole with the headlights on as the sign...57 chevy trunk and fins behind the bar as a beer tapper set-up...there was a 'T' bucket for sale at the left as I  entered...part of a buick front end sticking out of the wall above the door...good food, good music.
Was there a couple years ago.
Lance

Dusty

John, I just sent you my email plus my web site address....Thanks for getting my attention....Yup I had a message...

Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

nomobux

Yup ... neat place. Hooter style gals waitin on ya too. Did you check out the bike shop and retro Denny's next door? Pretty KQQL. Post Falls is a nice lil town. Too bad it's a VERY boring 200 mile drive from me. They do the River City Run in July ... Good party.
:b-d:  \" I GOTTS NOMOBUX \" :b-d:

Dusty

Denny's was closed, but we looked at the Iron outside and in the windows....I'd like to go back....We spent several days in Ellensburg this summer during our vacation.  Looked at all the sites within 30 miles of there.  It made a good base camp..   We did the Yakima Valley thing too.  That whole area up there is neat...

Benny Rhoads
Orange, Texas
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

nomobux

Jeeze .. I live in Ellensburg. Wish I'da known. Coulda done a garage crawl with the locals !!

nomobux

Surprising number of rods and classics in E'burg for the size .

Dusty

Quote from: "nomobux"Surprising number of rods and classics in E'burg for the size .
You know.......Just about anywhere you go there are nice rods and customs.  We drove 10,000 miles this summer, and stayed gone a little over 5 weeks, and every where we went, we saw real nice streetrods.  We drove coast to coast, and really some a lot of this country and everywhere we went there were streetrods.  I saw in your first post that you were in Ellensburg.  We did the Petrified forest out of Ellensburg.  Rather disspointing after seeing the Big one in Arizona.  We saw 3 Rods at the Rangers station there out of Ellensburg....

Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

Dusty

Quote from: "nomobux"Surprising number of rods and classics in E'burg for the size .
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

nomobux

Yeh the Ginkgo park isn't much. Also gotta watch for rattle snakes there. Did ya go to Roslyn for the Northern Exsposure sites.

Dusty

Quote from: "nomobux"Yeh the Ginkgo park isn't much. Also gotta watch for rattle snakes there. Did ya go to Roslyn for the Northern Exsposure sites.

No,  We didn't make that one....
Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

alchevy

http://www.mspetrifiedforest.com/ is a Petrified Forest in Mississippi near Flora, MS close to Jackson, MS. I wished I could go on a trip like Dusty did, but after that long of a trip, I'd be going by the title of nomobux.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

nomobux

YEH  ....  I GOTTS NOMOBUX