Autorama

Started by 416Ford, January 21, 2016, 04:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochie

Moose and you other guys stop by and introduce  yourselves.  We are in the basement...look for the black 57 Chev and the ELTA banner

moose

Quote from: "Rochie"Moose and you other guys stop by and introduce  yourselves.  We are in the basement...look for the black 57 Chev and the ELTA banner
didn't I meet you this fall at Jim Smiths Bored Meeting???

Rochie

I was there Moose but I don't remember meeting you as "Moose".  Say hi when you're in the basement, OK!

purplepickup

I'm planning to be there on Friday. I'll stop by and say hi to you yayhoos in the basement :D
George

kb426

I just looked through the 700 pics posted by a really good photographer. There was so much to look at that there's no question the hobby is doing well. Some of the stuff tells me there's plenty of money being spent. As usual, I don't understand some of it but there's so many that are so impressive, I'm amazed.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Well my camera dies before we made it to the basement. Hats off to the guy from Australia on the Falcon build. Beautiful and unique for most people in the US.

Here's a link to my photos. Don't expect Carps type photo's.  :)

https://goo.gl/photos/JJyzNZk3t4PWnKor6
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

TEAM SMART

I did a last-minute road trip to Vermont to pick up a 40 Ford Coupe project so decided to swing out of the way a bit on the way home and stop at the Autorama on Saturday. Was hoping to run into a few of you guys/gals but didn't get there until around 4 PM. It took us nearly an hour to find a place to park......we had the 40 on the trailer and it was too high for any of the ramps but we finally found a spot about a mile away from Cobo. We were there from around 5 till 8:30 or so but didn't run into anyone I knew......everyone must have been gone by then or perhaps out to dinner.It felt good to walk around a few hours as we had been in the truck since Tuesday and the eye candy was a welcome change of scenery from the nasty weather we had been dealing with.Spent some time in the basement listening to the band and took in a bit of the pinstripe auction and then it was time to jump back in the truck and knock a couple of hundred miles off the trip home before we stopped for the night. It was a bit of a scary walk back to the truck......guess we weren't parked in the best area and it sure is dark between all those old buildings but nobody had bothered anything so it was all good! Still think the bubble top wagon should have won  :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

39deluxe

Quote from: "kb426"I just looked through the 700 pics posted by a really good photographer. There was so much to look at that there's no question the hobby is doing well. Some of the stuff tells me there's plenty of money being spent. As usual, I don't understand some of it but there's so many that are so impressive, I'm amazed.

What is the link to these photos?

Tom

kb426

TEAM SMART

57larry

I thought the 61 Chevy would win

purplepickup

I was there til around 7pm Friday. The only person I ran into from here was Denise and it was nice to see her. The '61 bubble top wagon was my guess to be the Ridler winner but I was wrong as usual. I liked the theme and the quality of work. The winning Olds is a deserving and impressive car.

Quote from: "40"I did a last-minute road trip to Vermont to pick up a 40 Ford Coupe project so decided to swing out of the way a bit on the way home and stop at the Autorama on Saturday. It took us nearly an hour to find a place to park......we had the 40 on the trailer and it was too high for any of the ramps but we finally found a spot about a mile away from Cobo. We were there from around 5 till 8:30 or so but didn't run into anyone I knew...... It was a bit of a scary walk back to the truck......guess we weren't parked in the best area but nobody had bothered anything so it was all good!  :P
Daryl, are you nuts? :shock: ...parking an open trailer full of '40 Ford parts a mile away from Cobo in the middle of Detroit and leaving it for near 4 hours into the night? All that scrap metal would have bought a couple of nice chunks of crack or something to an opportunistic scavenger. If not nuts, you're more trusting and lucky than I am.  :wink:
George

George......It definitely crossed my mind as to whether the 40 would still be on the trailer or if the truck and trailer might be gone completely.We had stopped one of Detroits finest and asked him where we might park.He directed us to the spot we parked and told us he would drive by several times and keep an eye on it as best he could....when we got back to the truck,he was parked across the street doing some paperwork. Not sure how long he had been there but everything was as we left it.Detroit after dark can be a bit scary for an old hometown boy like me from the sticks! I did spot "Big Olds" in the basement and left a voice mail on Denise's phone but never got together.Perhaps our paths will cross somewhere down the road this year......Take care.

Rochie

Darryl'
if you were at Denise's car you were 40 feet from me.  I wish we could have met up. My 57 was in the ELTA display almost front centre of the stage and 1 row back

Wayne......You were definitely one guy I was hoping to run into......it's been way too long! There was a large crowd around the band so we kind of avoided that area. Sorry we missed ya....I had phoned Denise but she must be mad at me....no call back or she could have directed me to your spot.Perhaps our paths will cross somewhere down the road.........Take care.