What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

yuup.  Stuff will bounce around and get behind a basic  face shield & then under  regular eye glasses.  Have to be careful, think as you grind.

Few yrs back when I could get away with bi-focal safety glasses off the shelf...  a co-worker commented I looked like I had bug eyes with those glasses on...  I said: " a bug with good eyes".

think ahead, protect your body parts
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"Finally, killed the gopher with my trap.

It dawned on me, I was placing the trap into the hole uncovered. He was pushing dirt out to cover his entrance and this was buring the trap.

Friday nite, I dug back into his tunnel.  Placed the trap.  Covered the area with a board, shoveled some dirt onto the board.

This morning:  dead gopher

Tony thats good news. Looks like you had a destructive li'l varmint on your hands.

By my calculations it had to be at least a three point landing on my eye, for the rust. The glasses I use are alright but my face distance was closer than normal due to standing on a bench and grinding the top of a door. I was using a roloc on an angle grinder and grinding three layers at once so an odd bounce got me. Not bad, its fine. My only instance of this in a couple decades of doing body stuff. Could be that the girl eye doc wanted to see me again next week   :wink:  :-o

I used the GTP to move electronics today and beat the rain doing it. Got my folks stuff just about all moved to the new old house and we are all wore down to a nub but now they can get settled. I'm as stuffed as the house because all that helped were fed well.

Some shoe for you, I sure need new-

Matt

chimp koose

didn't spend much time on the t today but took the shrinker to the rear lower panel and got the sides to match the contour of the t bar they bolt to . I also made a templet for the bolt holes to drill them for mounting to the t bar . Does anyone have a picture of the upper support for the top of this panel ? I need to make something and I would like to see what Henry used

Crosley.In.AZ

Repaired the landscaping from the gopher fiasco in recent weeks.  Looks like the plants will live.  I hope so.
Tony

kb426

I finished up the room renovation for the music room. Everything has been textured and painted. I started to put all the items back in and see that I will have to build some shelving to fit the items. I think the stuff grew while it was out of the room. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

We replaced half the ceiling tile in the kitchen. The ceiling is in two parts. I realized we did have enough tile to finish the other half, so I ordered another box of tile, and we will do that part next weekend.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Replacing the front hub bearing in my pick-up so's the ABS system will work again ...  :roll:  Got to go slow due my left paw still not completely healed ...  I also forgot rule # 1 for repairs in our part of the country ...The torch gets used BEFORE the bolt heads get rounded off...  :evil:     New bolts are $8.50 EACH at my local dealer .. :shock:    Darn special parts .... :roll:  :x  :!:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh ...Did I mention we got 5" today    :?:  :?:   So much for fall..... :cry:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Replacing the front hub bearing in my pick-up so's the ABS system will work again ...  :roll:  Got to go slow due my left paw still not completely healed ...  I also forgot rule # 1 for repairs in our part of the country ...The torch gets used BEFORE the bolt heads get rounded off...  :evil:     New bolts are $8.50 EACH at my local dealer .. :shock:    Darn special parts .... :roll:  :x  :!:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh ...Did I mention we got 5" today    :?:  :?:   So much for fall..... :cry:

When the sensors went in mine and my Sweeties bearings we both got NO abs light BUT..we got inconsistent pedal height and pedal pressure. Gotta love that feeling of the pedal going hard and next to no brakes :shock: I go to her garage now and again..when I am beat :oops: Hers: they changed the bearing. Mine they said to just pull the fuse and have no abs :lol: Got the dashboard all lit up for Christmas now :lol: They scanned and drove them both and said neither of them were bad enough that they would set off the abs light but both were bad enough that they affected the abs. They said they see this. I never heard of it.
Oh well..at least it didn't shut off the 4wd or awd like lots of vehicles. Yours too probably had those stupid bolts wihout much head :evil: I remember a recall where some of those bolts actually swelled up and you could not get them out of the hub :evil:

UGLY OLDS

What normally happens is the surface under the ABS sensor starts to rust & "jacks" the sensor away from the hub...This increases the gap at the tone wheel inside the hub assembly ...The bulletin/recall from GM explains that the sensor gets removed & the surface gets cleaned , then re-install the sensor .....This prolly will work on a truck from Phoenix or maybe Albuquerque , but NOT on a northern truck.... :(    I just replaced  the hub assemblies .....Good thing my labor rate is realistic .... :roll:
 At least it should be good for the NEXT 126K miles .....   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

GPster

Sunday , I crawled under the Jeepster and started draining the ATF from the transmission. After I had slopped round for a while and stained my sweatshirt I got the pan off. I had successfully caught all of the drips in the dainpan and the cookie sheet (and my sweatshirt). Just let it drip over night and yesterday I went back to the job. The pan has been off before because of the amount of silicone and some of the bolts came out hard/funny but I figured it might be due to the silicone. Cleaned the pan, no shrapnel. Checked the filter and it was clean so it has't been too long (five years ago before it ended up in the junkyard) since it was changed. Started to clean the pan bolts and three of them were different. These were probably the ones that came out funny. went to my stock and found three bolts like the original ones and put the pan back on. the bolts that weren't like the originals had 8.8 on their head. Are theese some kind of oversized bolts to use when a hole has been stripped out instead of heli coils? They were new? GPster

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

The 8.8 is a metric hardness grade.
TEAM SMART

GPster

May have been a backyard fix for a loose thread. The pan bolts are 5/16" so an 8 mm bolt would have seemed tighter but the shank diameter would only have been .025 larger so some of the tightness would also have been from thread count difference (my numbers courtesy of the chart in the of my Dorman catalog). I'm not sure what holes had the metric bolts in them  but what loose holes I found in the sides I just used longer bolts in them and used the good threads where the holes were tapped clear through their bosses. Unfortunately the two bolt holes in the front the pan on the flywheel cover end are questionable. I think these holes are tapped to the bottom of their holes. Maybe there still are some good thread left in these holes and I can bottom some sort of Stud in them and use nuts on the studs rather than bolts at these places. I know heli coils is an option  but I'm getting lazy and I'd rather not have to take the pan back off and I don't figure I can pull off a heli coil through the hole in the pan and the gasket. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"the bolts that weren't like the originals had 8.8 on their head. Are theese some kind of oversized bolts to use when a hole has been stripped out instead of heli coils? They were new? GPster

If you are working on a 700r4 trans in the Jeepster...  that transmision is ALL metric threads
Tony

Arnold

Quote from: "GPster"Sunday , I crawled under the Jeepster and started draining the ATF from the transmission. After I had slopped round for a while and stained my sweatshirt I got the pan off. I had successfully caught all of the drips in the dainpan and the cookie sheet (and my sweatshirt). Just let it drip over night and yesterday I went back to the job. The pan has been off before because of the amount of silicone and some of the bolts came out hard/funny but I figured it might be due to the silicone. Cleaned the pan, no shrapnel. Checked the filter and it was clean so it has't been too long (five years ago before it ended up in the junkyard) since it was changed. Started to clean the pan bolts and three of them were different. These were probably the ones that came out funny. went to my stock and found three bolts like the original ones and put the pan back on. the bolts that weren't like the originals had 8.8 on their head. Are theese some kind of oversized bolts to use when a hole has been stripped out instead of heli coils? They were new? GPster

I ran into some pan bolts coming out funny..turned out these bolts had exposed bolt threads coming out. I ended up having to soak them..run/impact then gently back and forth..pretty rotted exposed areas on these bolts. I did get them all out..did not think that would happen..had to run a tap through lots of them..just not fun.
 Today..filters, d/d's. I hear that real winter 4wd is coming here starting late tomorrow afternoon for a few days.
Maybe I should service the snow blower again too..put the plow on the truck change the trans filter first. other stuff..get ready for winter. We have only had a few tastes so far. Anyways this is by far the best prepared for winter I have ever been :lol: