What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Just got back from a trip to the states with my wife and another couple we have known for decades . Great time ! We left on the 22nd and got to Butte montana in time to see the evel Knievel honor parade through town . Next day to Las Vegas and the Shelby plant and the Diamond auto collection , We have seen them both before but things always change at those places . Next we were off to huntington beach and just made it into chip foose's shop before it closed . This is the first time my wife had ever seen the ocean , it was great . Disney for a couple days then off to the Peterson museum and a tour of the vault . I was not expecting to see lil john buttera's T tudor there . I have adored that car for most of my life and must say it contributed to my becoming a machinist in a way . Next was the Friday show at bob's big boy in Burbank , met a bunch of interesting people and their cars . saw a running driving '15 T touring and talked to the owner . Next to reno Nevada and just caught the first bit of hot august nights , not much going on but saw some interesting cars drift in . Off to great Falls the next day with a stop at a local car show in a small town , wunnemasomethingorother , . My buddy saw a grabber blue 70 torino , he has a 70 scj and a 71 gt himself . I saw a restored  27 T coupe and a few other interesting model A's . We stopped at Bonneville on the way and took pictures  . I took a very small piece of salt home for my momento collection . Saw the falls . We got home today .

WZ JUNK

My wife and I just finished redoing the edges of our driveway.  1250 pounds of cold mix asphalt that had to be shoveled shaped and compacted.  The heat index is over 100.  I am going to lay down on the couch and have a short fainting spell.

Hooley is finishing the prep on the Studebaker LSR.  It is to get the new decals tonight. The salt is still looking good and no rain is in site.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Today is the day I officially give up working on the 41 Pontiac. I haven't worked on it in over 10 years, and I don't see myself wanting to finish it. Time to push it out of the shop. What a money pit it turned out to be. Glad I wasn't using it for my retirement fund. :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Arnold

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Trust me Frank ...As John said , you MUST slow down in this kind of weather ... I am using this summer to catch up on many years of neglected outside house maintenance & repairs ...  :roll:  Working in the heat & bugs REALLY affects me now ... LOTS of water ...LOTS of breaks ..( This gives you a chance to contemplate what to do next), and most of all...Know when to say WHEN... :idea:
I have discovered that ladders are a LOT more "tippy" than they used to be ..:?
BUT...I've almost mastered the latest method of house painting ...You hold the brush firmly & let the ladder swaying supply the movement... :idea:

We superheros just can't keep up like we used to.... :roll:

You know when you are timing your work correctly ....That when the Mrs. comes out to inspect your progress & does NOT ask you why are you sitting when there is work to be done ..... :lol:  :lol:

Play Safe ....

Bob.. :wink:

What is this can't tolerate the heat thing that has happened to me too?
  Just more getting old stuff I guess.. :shock:  :(
   Seems like I am in good company :P

kb426

Several years ago, one of my friends who's younger than me did the same thing as Frank. It took him several years to be able to tolerate heat after that. It was surprising to both of us that there were residual affects from that.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Several years ago, one of my friends who's younger than me did the same thing as Frank. It took him several years to be able to tolerate heat after that. It was surprising to both of us that there were residual affects from that.

I'm not that bad, but since it happened, two hours is about all I can take without cooling off and packing fluids.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Today is the day I officially give up working on the 41 Pontiac. I haven't worked on it in over 10 years, and I don't see myself wanting to finish it. Time to push it out of the shop. What a money pit it turned out to be. Glad I wasn't using it for my retirement fund. :roll:

Aww. Shucks! Congrats on making the decision. Life is more important.  8)
Matt

58 Yeoman

I've already had all the chrome redone, so I'm thinking of cutting off the front of the fenders, etc. and make a wall hanging...

I saw an old IH truck front end hanging on a guys wall a couple weeks ago.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"Several years ago, one of my friends who's younger than me did the same thing as Frank. It took him several years to be able to tolerate heat after that. It was surprising to both of us that there were residual affects from that.

I'm not that bad, but since it happened, two hours is about all I can take without cooling off and packing fluids.

Frank, as my Paw says: "Hit 'um easy, bub". Now we discover the value of youth, when you could run flat-out until you collapsed in the grass and not worry about beating and breathing.

I watched an old Wild Kingdom episode the other day... a whole pride of hungry lions gave up on trying to get at four warthogs that had bunkered in an aardvark hole. The big lion with the long mane just watched and looked disappointed. Then, without labor- three lightning clawed face snags and one chomp and it was suppertime for everybody in about half a second. It was a good lesson in the value of age. Reconfiguration is required but dominance can remain.  :wink:  

Today they shot a pretty color on a Mustang at work, and I whittled away at miniature rice parts. I'm on the hood now, body is next.

Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Matt, what is that color?

I need to ask that. Will let you know  8)
Matt

ragdol

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: idrivejunk
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Frank, as my Paw says: "Hit 'um easy, bub". Now we discover the value of youth, when you could run flat-out until you collapsed in the grass and not worry about beating and breathing.

I watched an old Wild Kingdom episode the other day... a whole pride of hungry lions gave up on trying to get at four warthogs that had bunkered in an aardvark hole. The big lion with the long mane just watched and looked disappointed. Then, without labor- three lightning clawed face snags and one chomp and it was suppertime for everybody in about half a second. It was a good lesson in the value of age.
QuoteReconfiguration is required but dominance can remain.  :wink:  

Old age & treachery beat youth & skill EVERY time ...... :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

I built a sun shade and a tripod mount for my iPhone this morning.  The phone has a very good digital camera and it does slow mo and time lapse shots.  This afternoon I will shoot a quick coat of flat black on the parts I made.   I am sure you can buy them but I made mine.  I have a wireless remote that operates the camera part of the phone.  Now I can set it up to take photos and trigger the camera with the remote.  I use my iPhone for a computer, camera and others aps as much as I use it for a phone.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Thats pretty nifty, WZ.

KB, the blue color is GM WA-388A. Its called "blue me away"!
Matt