What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

sitting waiting on parts.  Ordered on eBay.  yep, my fault.

It seems: UPS Mail Innovations  is an Innovative method to ship something from CallieFornia to Arizona the slowest possible way in the history of mankind.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

I don't think that I could work on that Mustang .. :(  
I bet the owner was NOT impressed when that happened.....
The '34 looks REALLY good ... 8)  Nice work repairing what "wasn't there" ... :D

I'm still trying to put my house back together so the roofers can do their thing .....How do you adapt scaffolding to be "cane friendly"  :?:   I bet it's fun to watch ... :shock:

Tony ...I think that I saw your package go past my house a moment ago  :roll:
 I waved it on .... :idea:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Tony ...I think that I saw your package go past my house a moment ago  :roll:
 I waved it on .... :idea:

Bob... :wink:

The current Package was at USPS in Rowland Heights CA on monday.  Los Angeles county area.

Saturday morning (today) , it is at my local post office in Gilbert AZ.  

This slow butt delivery is all on USPS.

While I am in full whine mode: 1  Box with some LED light tubes for my shop was at the  Georgia  UPS station monday evening.  A "late truck" has delayed the delivery till monday instead of friday (yesterday) ....

Must be the weather, nation wide
Tony

WZ JUNK

Hooley picked up the Studebaker.  I had finished my painting a couple of days ago.  When all the decals are applied, it will look better.  Next Saturday it will be on its way to the salt flats.  I will fly out the following week.  Everything I read says that the salt is good enough to have the event.  No rain is site.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I have returned from Salina. Cleaned the 32, ran in rain up and back, weed eated and am about to work on the 51. The best question I had during the weekend: Lady passing by the truck while I'm filling my water glass, Oh look, there's bugs. You drove this here?
Yes ma'am.
Does everybody drive or trailer there cars?
I can't answer that, ma'am.
Oh.
All I can say is all my friends drive their cars. I can't speak for everyone else. She says, I see.
  :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"I have returned from Salina. Cleaned the 32, ran in rain up and back, weed eated and am about to work on the 51. The best question I had during the weekend: Lady passing by the truck while I'm filling my water glass, Oh look, there's bugs. You drove this here?
Yes ma'am.
Does everybody drive or trailer there cars?
Oh.
All I can say is all my friends drive their cars. I can't speak for everyone else. She says, I see.

Everyone has there own idea of what our hobby should be.  I am a driver and not a polisher or a hauler.  The more bugs in the grille, the more interested I become in the car.  But others like to win the plastic trophies and keep the wax companies in business, and that is okay too.   You must also like the driving part.  I hope you will post some photos as some of my friends were at the event.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

We receive fliers on new products from vendors of trans parts

This Phord truck in the back ground looks familiar to me.
Tony

416Ford

Busy weekend for me, finally fixed the last problem on the Chevy II clutch. The mounting bracket on the pedal was upside down to allow it to pass thru the hole in the firewall but that was wrong. We had to open the hole up in the firewall to give the rod a straighter shoot at the master cylinder. I hate bolt on parts that don't line up correctly.
Installed the 5.0 and AOD into Vickie's car on Saturday and modified the headers and cross-member yesterday. I will pull the engine back out tomorrow night and paint it to put back in. Still need to find a timing cover and pulleys for the V-belt set up but I am making progress.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"We receive fliers on new products from vendors of trans parts

This Phord truck in the back ground looks familiar to me.

Well, I'll be.  :wink:
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "kb426"

The more bugs in the grille, the more interested I become in the car.  

Ah. I am not alone. :D One cannot toss revs into the next lane properly if everyone is parked.
Matt

enjenjo

I have not been productive the last couple weeks. My son and his family are here from Las Vegas, and we did some needed maintenance on his RV, And two weeks ago I started doing the rear brakes on my Ambulance, which has turned into six new tires, a full bearing repack, rewiring the batteries so they don't run down all the time. So, I have one brake done, half the wiring done, and I have not even addressed the broken sway bar mount yet.

Then last Thursday, I worked myself to within an inch of heat stroke, and have not fully recovered from that yet.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

You've got to take it easy in the heat, Frank. Slow down a bit.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Then last Thursday, I worked myself to within an inch of heat stroke, and have not fully recovered from that yet.

Take care of yourself.  I know it is difficult to do.  We want to continue working at the pace we have kept all our life, but our bodies are resisting.  The heat affects me a lot more now than in the past.  I drink a lot more water and a lot less beer.  Sitting in front of the shop fan counts as work time now.  

That being said, my wife and I are repairing the edges of our asphalt driveway today.  The heat index is to be in excess of 110 degrees.  We are going to start that project soon, and try to finish before late morning.  This afternoon I need to finish mowing.  Both project will be done at a slow pace with lots of water and shade breaks.  I am trying to get in shape for Bonneville next week.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

UGLY OLDS

Trust me Frank ...As John said , you MUST slow down in this kind of weather ... I am using this summer to catch up on many years of neglected outside house maintenance & repairs ...  :roll:  Working in the heat & bugs REALLY affects me now ... LOTS of water ...LOTS of breaks ..( This gives you a chance to contemplate what to do next), and most of all...Know when to say WHEN... :idea:
I have discovered that ladders are a LOT more "tippy" than they used to be ..:?
BUT...I've almost mastered the latest method of house painting ...You hold the brush firmly & let the ladder swaying supply the movement... :idea:

We superheros just can't keep up like we used to.... :roll:

You know when you are timing your work correctly ....That when the Mrs. comes out to inspect your progress & does NOT ask you why are you sitting when there is work to be done ..... :lol:  :lol:

Play Safe ....

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Spent the last three days cleaning my shop. Five bags and two bundles went out in the junk today. I now have two aisles in the shop that I don't need to walk sideways through, looking at the rest of the place takes the wind out of my sails though. I did get my frame table cleared off and also about six feet of work bench. Sawed the front bumper bolts off a Model A frame to get the bumper off to make the frame easier to store. Anyone want a Model A bumper and brackets? I'll make you a good deal.  :lol: once I get a little more cleared out I'd like to get back on my single seater project. Tomorrow though I'm off to northern Michigan Atlanta area, to look at a cabin on a lake. My wife and I decided it's finally time to join all the other old people up north! 😄 If we get the cabin it will slow down any car work till the snow flies, but the place up north has a two car garage so who knows what might happen up there some day!