RRT BBQ

Started by enjenjo, September 15, 2004, 08:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Here it is in all it's glory. The propane bottles are in a sealed box, vented on the bottom right over the axle. There is insulation between the grille and the bottles
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here it is in all it's glory. The propane bottles are in a sealed box, vented on the bottom right over the axle. There is insulation between the grille and the bottles

wow, those are great pics, for those who have never seen it yet!!!
Thanks Enjenjo  :lol:

Bruce Dorsi

It looks GREAT! ...Kudos to the build team.

Thanks for posting the pics, Frank!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

av8

That is so neat, Frank! I hope I get to see it first-hand at some point.  Wouldn't the NFL tailgating crowd love one of your trailers!

SKR8PN

Now that you are RETIRED.............
Ya NEED to git the FENDERS on it.............
HINT,HINT,HINT :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Crosley.In.AZ

What ever happened to the fenders that were being glued together for the BBQ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"What ever happened to the fenders that were being glued together for the BBQ?
They were pretty boogered up to begin with and they needed a lot of work to make them fit the redius of the tires.

So we took some pie cuts out of them to make the radius smaller but we got a little reckless with the cuts......yup, I had something to do with that :roll:

Then I took them home and filled the cuts and started to shape them but I didn't think it was worth all the effort I was putting into them so I took them back to the last build where Charlie Chops took them home with him.  He's still working on straightening them out.  Perfection takes time. 8)
George

Charlie Chops 1940

I worked on the fenders a bit shortly after I got them home and have them curing out in the bright Michigan sunshine. I gotta remember to bring them in where I see them every day...which doesn't mean I'll stay on them, but there's probably a good chance they'll be ready by spring of '05.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"got a little reckless with the cuts......yup, I had something to do with that                                                                I wonder how Frank decided what side picture to show? GPster

purplepickup

I had a minute so I thought I'd sort out a few shots of the trailer in action.

Here's the burner for the boil pot

The boil pot full of goodies..

Adding the secret ingredient

Th Rayvnn playing with hot dogs while everyone else is scarfing down corn

Choco Munday showing us how Aussies scarf corn

On the road again..

Serving a tour of duty at the motel parking lot in Wendover Utah

...and Sunday brunch at Kalamazoo
George

purplepickup

I was wondering if we need to get together for a trailer tweaking day to fix or improve some things.  We gave it a heck of a test run this year and for the most part I think everyone was impressed.  Was there anything anyone noticed that could be done to improve our grilling and dining experience?
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "purplepickup"I was wondering if we need to get together for a trailer tweaking day to fix or improve some things.  We gave it a heck of a test run this year and for the most part I think everyone was impressed.  Was there anything anyone noticed that could be done to improve our grilling and dining experience?

Just a couple of things that would be a "nice to have".
1.   Burner control valves that are more adjustable, the burners seem difficult to control, this may be an air adjustment problem or there may be better valves available?  On my home grill I have six burners and all are very adjustable from very low to burn it.
2.   A slab of stainless about ΒΌ to 3/8 inch thick to cover the grill for things that require a grill (eggs etc.).  The grill should be about 1" smaller than the grill all around with 2" high back and sides.
3.   Perhaps add a deep fryer to the left side to add another dimension (Kick it up a notch!)
Just some thoughts, I agree with George that we may need a "tune up day" for the old gal.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

enjenjo

There are a couple more issues too, the front stand needs to be relocated, we still need to get fenders on it, and I put a dent in the rolled pan.  :oops:  I agree with Ken that the burners/valves need attention, some work better than others. Also, we still need to mount our traffic light on it, a flag pole bracket, and a better storage system is in order. We also need a new high volumn regulator for the corn cooker, the one we have took a dump at KZoo, and we had to cobble it to finish cooking. And after nearly 6000 miles, the bearings could probably use a repack.

Other than that there are no problems :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Maybe you should put the trailer on a trailer and/to take it to Fort Wayne. You could tow it with the "Great White Whale". Oh well, back to my laundry and the timer on the oven just clicked. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Maybe the weekend of Oct 1th or 23rd we could all get together for a BBQ thrash at the Franks and do some of the things that need doing.  We could deep fry that turkey that was talked about earlier this summer.  I'll volunteer to repack the wheel bearings.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.