What's it fit?

Started by enjenjo, September 15, 2004, 08:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I picked up a manifold yesterday, I have an idea what it fits, but want some other opinions.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I picked up a manifold yesterday, I have an idea what it fits, but want some other opinions.

I'd say it fits a car engine, probably a V-8.... :lol:

OlBuzzard

..and you can mount 2-2 barrel and 1-1 barrel carburetors on it.

enjenjo

You guys are real funny. Har de har har har!!! I should slap both of you :evil:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"You guys are real funny. Har de har har har!!! I should slap both of you :evil:

Depending on where / how you slap them., I'd pay a dollar to watch
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dusty

It looks like it would fit the early OHV Studebaker.  I've worked on a few of the old Golden Hawks, and reminds me of a Stude manifold...

Dusty...

Benny Rhoads
Orange, Texas
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"You guys are real funny. Har de har har har!!! I should slap both of you :evil:

Whaaat.....just trying to help, you're the one that bought sumpin you don't know what it fits...now me, I'd never do sumpin like that... :roll:

DRD57

Quote from: "enjenjo"I picked up a manifold yesterday, I have an idea what it fits, but want some other opinions.

I was gonna say Studebaker (actually my first answer was the same as phat46's, don't slap me) but on second thought I've seen Caddy water pumps on Studebakers and the Cad water  pump  housing has the thermostat housing in it rather than in the manifold so, I'm gonna guess Olds.

Roadstar

I was thinking Caddy.

Ok I'll just slap myself now 8)

enjenjo

outside of the brand, Edmons, the only thing I found on it was LIN 52 stamped on the bottom

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "enjenjo"outside of the brand, Edmons, the only thing I found on it was LIN 52 stamped on the bottom

Eddie Edmons (Edmonds?) made heads and intakes for the 49/53 Ford (and earlier) flathead.  So I would suspect it is for an early Olds or another late 40s early 50s OHV.  He made stuff for Hudsons too.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

beatnik

Isn't it Edmunds?

I'm thinking it's for an early Pontiac 287, 316, 347, 370
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

av8

Quote from: "enjenjo"outside of the brand, Edmons, the only thing I found on it was LIN 52 stamped on the bottom

. . . Which could lead one to conclude it might be for an early Lincoln OHV V8 which preceded the OHV Ford and Mercury V8s by a year or better.

flt-blk

I don't know what it does fit, I do know it is not a Studebaker or Cadillac.
TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

mopar2dr

Looks like it might fit a Ford Y-block.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!