can anyone I.D. this axle?

Started by phat46, September 14, 2004, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I got this at the K-Zoo swapmeet. I don't know what it fits, but the price was right.  It's 38 1/2" to the centers of the kingpin holes.

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"I got this at the K-Zoo swapmeet. I don't know what it fits, but the price was right.  It's 38 1/2" to the centers of the kingpin holes.

Yup id like a better pic but it looks like to me to be a sprint car axle.
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"I got this at the K-Zoo swapmeet. I don't know what it fits, but the price was right.  It's 38 1/2" to the centers of the kingpin holes.

:lol: By the way what do i win??????????????

phat46

how about this pic? a bit closer at one end...

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"how about this pic? a bit closer at one end...

Still looks like a sprint car axle.. The holes in the brackets let you adjust where the torsion bars set on the axle after adjusting the caster. Some of em had a 3 bar set up instead of a 4 bar set up 2 right side 1 left side anything to save weight. Looks like the panhard rod bolted thru the center of the axle. I could be wrong though it may be a drag racing axle but the straightness of it makes me think sprint car. Check the king pin diamater and also the angle.. Some of em had the king pin angles changes for going real fast in a circle... As in layed to one side not  a caster deal..
:roll:
Dave

EMSjunkie

Still looks like a sprint car axle..

I have to agree, it looks like the front axle from my first sprint car, a 110" Jenkins. those front torsion bar brackets look really familiar.  :-o

just my $00.02

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Still looks like a sprint car axle..

I have to agree, it looks like the front axle from my first sprint car, a 110" Jenkins. those front torsion bar brackets look really familiar.  :-o

just my $00.02

Vance

...looks like a sprint car axle, BUT, it's only 38 1/2" wide. the Speedway catalog lists their sprintcar axles at 49-52" wide, and theirs are 2 1/4' or 2 1/2" tube. This one is 1 3/4" tube. Must be for a midget car?   Ledgend car maybe?

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Still looks like a sprint car axle..

just my $00.02

Vance

...looks like a sprint car axle, BUT, it's only 38 1/2" wide. the Speedway catalog lists their sprintcar axles at 49-52" wide, and theirs are 2 1/4' or 2 1/2" tube. This one is 1 3/4" tube. Must be for a midget car?   Ledgend car maybe?

Ok midget then ... its for sure a roundy round axle.
Dave

phat46

Ok midget then ... its for sure a roundy round axle.
Dave[/quote]

Now i just gotta figure out how to adapt it to a one man track T type car...or maybe just hang it on the wall and make people wonder what it's for. I had three people stop me in the swap and ask about it, one wanted to buy it...LOL. I thought that it was worth the $15 the guy took for it anyway!

CalifCarl

From someone just poking his head into the door.  It's looks like a $15.00 swinging gate post!

phat46

Quote from: "CalifCarl"From someone just poking his head into the door.  It's looks like a $15.00 swinging gate post!

...um, O.K. .....yeah....