Nats North.. what fun...

Started by Dave, September 12, 2004, 06:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok im home and im sure a few others are also but havent posted yet so ill start a new thread. Had fun as always and the food was great. I didnt know we were doing breakfast now but it sure was good. Was good seeing everyone again and the cars were great. Lots of nice equipment to look at. I know who won the cookies but im not tellin...Got home about an hour ago and believe it or not I gave the 32 its first bath. Yup its never seen a garden hose before. I kinda crept up on it so i didnt scare it and gave it a nice easy wash and it looks good. I told Sue its a big day when the baby gets its first bath :lol:  I might have messed up though cause I didnt take pics for the photo album...
Dave

purplepickup

It's about time you washed that car Dave.  I think I saw a speck of dust on it today. :lol:

I had fun too.  It's always fun to get together.    I didn't take many pictures either.....just a couple of grillin', chillin', and eatin'.....which we did a LOT of :D

George

phat rat

BREAKFAST???????????? I didn't know that or I'da been there. Yea it was great getting together the short time I was able too. Sorry I didn't get to spend more time socializing but as those in attendence know I was busier than an I don't know what. On the other hand it was a very profitable week-end for me as I sold the roadster body and all but about 2 or 3 of the parts I had for it.  Already lookin forward to gatherings around the trailer next year. Don't remember whose idea was first about the trailer, but KUDO'S it was a fantastic idea. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bib_Overalls

I gotta hook up with you guys sometime.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

phat46

If you were a cop wouldn't you stop this car just on suspicion???

Charlie Chops 1940

What a great weekend. If any who were there didn't have a good time it certainly wasn't for lack of the correct ingredients...great weather, old friends, newer friends and brand new friends, a  winning portable grill design, a willing cook. What more could one ask for?

The trip home was uneventful although I dill fall in with some known scoff-laws along the way, and badly bent the a few traffic laws in some locales. I'm forever repentant!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bruce Dorsi

I may have missed seeing them, but has anyone posted pics of the finished trailer, showing the features incorporated?

Someday, I hope to meet many of you.  ...It sounds like you know how to have fun!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

phat rat

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"I may have missed seeing them, but has anyone posted pics of the finished trailer, showing the features incorporated?

Someday, I hope to meet many of you.  ...It sounds like you know how to have fun!

The pics of OBT cooking are of him using the trailer grille.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "phat rat"The pics of OBT cooking are of him using the trailer grille.

Thanks, I knew that. ----I was hoping to get better views of how the trailer looks when open, and set-up for business!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "phat rat"The pics of OBT cooking are of him using the trailer grille.

Thanks, I knew that. ----I was hoping to get better views of how the trailer looks when open, and set-up for business!

That I know of, it has never been done, but I'll rectify that.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"I was hoping to get better views of how the trailer looks when open, and set-up for business!
We didn't really do a photo shoot before it was put into service but I've got some real good pics of it in service where you can see most all the features.  I can post some tonight when I get home from work if no one else does.

From the reaction we get when it's "in action", I'll bet somebody could be a rich buckaroo if they would mass produce them.  

I just had a call from a non rodder friend that said they saw my truck at the fairgrounds but they wondered why I parked so close to the BBQ vendor.  He was amazed that we had built that trailer. When Ken gets slingin' meat he does look like a pro. :lol:
George

Ohio Blue Tip

Another great weekend, and thanks for letting me burn some meat, I really enjoy it!  Will, got home O.K. and back to work (not like those retired guy's) just got through my 100 e-mails and most of them want something, I'll catch up by Wednesday for taking Friday off.  As you know the weather was perfect and what a group of friends!  We are truly blessed.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

slocrow

Quote from: "N8DC"I might have messed up

At least it isn't your first time.....(smile)

The Nats North; I too had a great time, again. It's the BBQ trailers fault. I've slipped into a picnic mood rather then a car show theme. With few exceptions I kept returning to the trailer for longer and longer periods of time too just R&R with old and new friends. I noticed most were on the Adkins diet over the weekend. There was meat O' Plenty. Flat meat & tube meats (of many varieties) seemed to be the main course choice for most. These could have been accompanied with delicious salads (leafy and potato), beans, red skins and of course the succulent sweet corn though many kept pounding the meat. Those venison brats were real tasty items.  
Thanks Dave (& Sue).
Breakfast, lunch and dinner kept the resident chef at his post on what seemed to be a continual basis. Fortunately liquid supplements were always close at hand for him so dehydration wasn't a problem.
With the official attendance just under 3M I thought it was an easy show to enjoy. No problem finding parking for most attendees and no big need to arrive daily at the crack of dawn or get forced to the back 40. A nice sized show after the mega ones.
The weather couldn't have been better. Sunny and mid 70's to lower 80's during the day and 60's during the evening. Shorts for the day and a sweatshirt for the late evenings.
Not much hotel lot happenings this time as the burn outs were once again closed down by the local authorities but plenty of cruising going on by show participants and local muscle car owners. We must be getting older.
The hotels are still getting too much money and appear to be up to something no good and in cahoots for next year as NO confirmed reservations were  able to be made anywhere, I believe. Gougers!
Even so, I can't wait till next year...........
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

beatnik

Had a great time as well, got to see everyone again and made it over to  Dave Crane's place Saturday night to check out his little Drag racing museum, I'll try to post pics tonight.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "purplepickup"I'll bet somebody could be a rich buckaroo if they would mass produce them.  

Enjenjo's next career????? :roll: