Is this a hot rod?

Started by enjenjo, May 29, 2015, 09:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I have a cousin that is a couple years older than I am, he retired from Ford, he was in paint QC. He knows I am into hot rods, and sent me the link below, and asked what I thought of it. Take a look, and let me know what you think. I'll post my opinion later.

http://www.timelesshotrod.com/Concept.html
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

ragdol

Call it what you like, I'd be proud to own a car like that. As a builder, I can't imagine the time and expertise it took to put it together.

Bruce Dorsi

To each, his own!

Exceptional workmanship and quality, but more art created solely for bragging rights.

Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't want it - it's just not my idea of a driver (or a hot rod).

Carps' orange Lexus could probably run rings around this " '32 " and cost a lot less!

Just my worthless opinion!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

UGLY OLDS

Gee... It's nice ... Could I drive it to K-Zoo ??   Run it down I-80 with the semi's  going to GG Des Moines ??  
 Drive it through a "touchless" car wash??  ( Don't ask ..It's true.. :oops: )

I feel it's kinda like a piece of art .. Nice to look at , incredible design & workmanship, but not practical for my lifestyle ....  :roll:

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

PeterR

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have a cousin that is a couple years older than I am, he retired from Ford, he was in paint QC.

Golly, older than you, he must have set up the paint for QC for the model T, at least he only had one colour to worry about.

phat46

Not a hot rod in my book, but a very cool car!

Carnut

Well to me it's as much of a Hot Rod as any Rat Rod is.

I used to think a Hot Rod was a 34 and older Fenderless Ford.

35 and later were fat fender Street Rods

49 and later were Street Machines.

But things have changed the definition has broaden a bit.

Course my real definition of that car would be a Custom Show Rod.

jaybee

It's an awesome car, and I'd call it a hot rod.

That said I prefer cars that are driven and I don't know how you'd drive it if you had any respect for the incredible level of work involved.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

It is a hot rod if it is driven in traffic on a public roadway. Nice piece , beautiful craftsmanship , but likely more of a piece of rolling sculpture.Everyone has their own idea of the perfect car and they strive for it each time they build one . My perfect car is one I can use as a daily driver through the summer with no worries about whether or not it will be up to the task or seriously worn out in the process. I really like the things jay leno does with his collection . He will drive anything he owns.

Mikej

500 HP and willing to use it. Hotrod..................

enjenjo

I have mixed emotions about this car. The workmanship looks to be impeccable, it has all the right parts, but the car doesn't speak to me, it has no character. None of the cues are there that make it a 32 Ford. I can't help but think that Foose would do it better.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

Well, I've never considered any of Boyd's, Fooses, or any other of the one off creations as Hot Rods.

Think it kinda goes back to John Buttera's 28 Roadster that kinda broadened the definition of Hot Rod as a one off creation.

heh, heh, then again I'm always telling folks my 61 Chrysler is a Hot Rod and not a restoration.

zzebby

A little too pretty for me but I can appreciate the perfection and craftsmanship.

tomslik

there's a difference between a "hot rod" and a "street rod"....

and then there's trailer queens....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

trackster

Can't deny the craftsmanship that went into this but I'd rather have the money it cost to build it.  Then purchase 5 or 6 cars I could actually drive and enjoy.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!