Is this a hot rod?

Started by enjenjo, May 29, 2015, 09:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "trackster"Can't deny the craftsmanship that went into this but I'd rather have the money it cost to build it.  Then purchase 5 or 6 cars I could actually drive and enjoy.

AND a house with a big enough garage to nhouse them all, with money, eft over :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

I have a question: Does a hotrod evolve with time?  When I started running the top fuel car, some of the guys referred to them as a hotrod. So is a hotrod a "modified performance vehicle" or some other  description?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I have a question: Does a hotrod evolve with time?
QuoteWhen I started running the top fuel car, some of the guys referred to them as a hotrod.
So is a hotrod a "modified performance vehicle" or some other  description?

Careful KB ... You're showing your age there .... :P  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, if you saw me, you would see age showing everywhere. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have mixed emotions about this car. The workmanship looks to be impeccable, it has all the right parts, but the car doesn't speak to me, it has no character. None of the cues are there that make it a 32 Ford. I can't help but think that Foose would do it better.

I second that emotion. Its a bling box with little basis in reality regardless of the execution and materials. Maybe for someone but not this guy. Heres one that really flings a cupid arrow at me and prolly clears road pizza:

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1503-barn-find-deuce-roadster/
Matt

Mac

To me:
It's an exercise in the-best-money-can-buy from dozens of vendors that had an opportunity to showcase their wares, commissioned by a checkbook wielder.

An evolved form of hotrodding in some folk's mind but a long way from the historical essence.
Who\'s yer Data?