GG Indy

Started by lofat46, May 28, 2015, 10:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lofat46

Anyone going to the Goodguys event in Indy next week? 8)

trackster

Going Friday and Saturday.   Looking like rain at this point.   Driving the A-bone Delivery pickup.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

lofat46

Quote from: "trackster"Going Friday and Saturday.   Looking like rain at this point.   Driving the A-bone Delivery pickup.

A week before the Indy 500 they were calling for an 80% chance of rain.  Race day not a drop % dropped to 10% then 0%. It was a nice sunny race day and I loved it.  Hopefully same happens next week.

WZ JUNK

Indy was my favorite show for years when it was at the dragstrip.  Many of us here on the RRT would have a meet and greet.    I thought a lot about those trips to Indy this weekend.  I read on another board that the car count on Friday was pitiful.  Did anyone go?  What was the event like this year?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

trackster

Was there Friday and Saturday.   Weather was perfect.  Crowd was down as far as we could tell.  Highest registration number we noticed was 943 but it sure didn't seem like that many cars there.    Too many late models for me.   Camaros, Mustangs,  2006 Dodge Ram pickup,  2008 Ford Ranger and even a 2013 Ford Fusion!   Venue was nice but we won't be going back.  Just not my cup of tea.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

lofat46

Quote from: "trackster"Was there Friday and Saturday.   Weather was perfect.  Crowd was down as far as we could tell.  Highest registration number we noticed was 943 but it sure didn't seem like that many cars there.    Too many late models for me.   Camaros, Mustangs,  2006 Dodge Ram pickup,  2008 Ford Ranger and even a 2013 Ford Fusion!   Venue was nice but we won't be going back.  Just not my cup of tea.

We got down there on Thursday to set our tent up.  Weather was great and so were the cars.  Yes there were some late model 2000's but the old cars far outnumbered them.  Where we were parked Friday seemed a lot more crowed then last year.  GG is working hard to make this a success.  Maybe numbers were down because the Power Tour was the same weekend in neighboring Wisconsin and Illinois who knows.  Next year's dates are June 10-12, 2016 and for sure I will be back as will many members of my club.  It's a fact of life, both GG and NSRA are letting later model cars in and it's also a fact that the later model ones are mostly being driven by gray beards who probably have an older hot rod at home. Ya park next to them at cruise nights so no different parking with them at big shows.  I pay little attention to them choosing to focus on the older cars.

57larry

I was there Fri & Sat. swap meet was a little better than last year