Chevette

Started by enjenjo, May 27, 2015, 11:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I have been seeing one on the road around here lately. It must be the last one on earth.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

That funny Frank. I saw a mint condition 4dr last week and I was wondering why someone still had it. Must be a real pain to find transmissions for them by now.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

tomslik

I knew where there was a T-1000 a few years ago, shoulda bought it;)

now I'm looking for a yugo... :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Charlie Chops 1940

I saw a really nice 66/67Nova 4 door in a front yard the other day but couldn't stop...think pro-touring LS/6 speed.

I haven't seen a whole Chevette around here in 20 years or more!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Chevette......Man that is one car I hated! In 1978,I had just started my business a couple of years before and was having a good year so I sent Mama to the Chevy dealer with instructions to buy us a new family car......Anything she wanted within reason.....She came home with a *! It was a 2dr hatch-back.....man I hated that car but she LOVED it! I could not get her to part with it until a fellow blew thru a stop sign and blasted her......she and the kid were fine but the car was toast.....I must say,it was pretty much trouble free and it held up pretty good in the crash.Needless to say,I went with her to pick out the next car!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

I had two, a 74 I bought from the junk yard with a "blown motor", and a replacement motor for $100. I started pulling the motor, and found the distributor cap screws had backed out, leaving the cap loose. I tightened them up, and the motor started right up. :D I drove it a couple years, sold it, sold the engine I got with it separate. I made a couple hundred on that car.

The second one I had was a 78 I bought as a total with 11,000 miles on it. My buddy pulled the frame, and tacked a quarter on it, I finished it, replaced a door, and some of the glass, painted it two tone silver with a pin stripe separation, installed Vega GT wheels, and my wife drove it for about 5 years.

Outside of starter problems on the second one they were both good cars.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I used the roof from one to fill the roof in my Anglia. it worked perfectly. I also narrowed the front suspension 8inches and used it for the Anglia.

Crosley.In.AZ

Still see a Luv truck running around metro Phx.

Corvair 4 door car a few months back in down town Phx.  Running , driving

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Quote from: "Crosley"Still see a Luv truck running around metro Phx.

Corvair 4 door car a few months back in down town Phx.  Running , driving

8)
The Luv truck was really an Izusu, pretty decent for what it was.In the late 90s dirt track boys around here started racing Chevettes on 1/8 mile cow pasture tracks.Needless to say the local rednecks pretty well ran thru the supply & Chevettes got scarce in this area.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

idrivejunk

Theres a Citation or two around but I haven't seen a Chevette since last time I worked on one ha ha. A buddy picked up a Monza Spyder hatch other day. I keep wanting to put my spare L67 (S/C 3800, FWD) subframe, eng, trans, rack and all into something like that. S-10 seems maybe sensible too lol. Theres even a Falcon that I've been eyeing with bad intent. Any turd with towers that would cost the at-fault party a ton if they hit it.
Matt

Mac

There's a Citation X-11 in a backyard near me that calls out to me when I pass. I don't know much about them. FWD I guess and some came V6, but I always thought they had nice lines.
Who\'s yer Data?

tomslik

Quote from: "Mac"There's a Citation X-11 in a backyard near me that calls out to me when I pass. I don't know much about them. FWD I guess and some came V6, but I always thought they had nice lines.

nice little lump hood and the V6 had higher comp. pistons that the standard V6
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

57larry

I had a 79 and drove the crap out of it. one day going to work, it caught fire and burnt to the ground

phat46

First new car I ever bought was a 1980 Citation in April of '79. It was an Iron headed V-6 and I loved the car. It was surprisingly quick, after we sold it in '85 we saw it around town for years. Should have kept it, we bought a Pontiac 6000 to replace it and that was the worst car I have ever owned, sold it with 53,000 miles on it after pulling the engine to put new bearing in it. It was about five years old and I had done rust repairs on it twice.

idrivejunk

What a bizarre tangent this thread took, ha!

The first car I legally drove was a white 80 hatch sedan. Dad bought it the day before they were uncovered in the showroom. In Wichita. He bought another new in 83, another hatch sedan with the iron duke and auto. Then my brother bought an 81 hatch sedan in brown but with stick. Big time gas sippers. Cuz had a yellow hatch coupe with V6 but no X-11s in the family. A disproportionate number of Citations though! Anyhow- an X-11 with L67 swap... would dare to be different.

My friend who THOUGHT he bought a Monza Spyder last week ran the VIN over the weekend.... aaaand its a Sunbird! D'oh. Somebody Spyder'ed it.
Matt