Calif DMV

Started by MrMopar64, September 11, 2004, 07:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMopar64

I read this on another board and was wondering if anyone has heard of this.....

>Since January 2004 california's new law forces any unregistered vehicle that has fallen off the books to become registered as 2005 that is subject to all the laws that a 2005 vehicle is subject to.<

The guy that posted this said thats what they told him when he went to DMV to reg a 50 Ford F1

If this is so I'm going to have trouble with my Sedan Delivery cuz it aint been reg for 21yrs  :(

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Since January 2004 california's new law forces any unregistered vehicle that has fallen off the books to become registered as 2005 that is subject to all the laws that a 2005 vehicle is subject to.

If that is indeed true, that is some scary legislation which can drastically impact our hobby.

Since New Jersey copies everything that California does, we're probably next.

Please say it ain't so!

Can you post a link to the original post, please?  ...Any follow-up there?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

MrMopar64

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "MrMopar64"Since January 2004 california's new law forces any unregistered vehicle that has fallen off the books to become registered as 2005 that is subject to all the laws that a 2005 vehicle is subject to.

If that is indeed true, that is some scary legislation which can drastically impact our hobby.

Since New Jersey copies everything that California does, we're probably next.

Please say it ain't so!

Can you post a link to the original post, please?  ...Any follow-up there?

Here is a link to the org. post........ nothing useful yet  :?

http://www.clubhotrod.com/forums/t8589-15&pagenumber=1

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

I do not see how they can decide that the year of manufacture for a vehicle no longer applies to a complete , unchanged vehicle?

Many states follow CA.... Arizona is one.  So many CA people moving here and screwing up the works
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

exsedan

I agree that there are way too many folks moving here from ALL STATES, however, the CALIFORNIA folks as well as the OTHER's are coming here to GET AWAY from all of this sort of CRAP. Talk to your government representatives about not letting this sort of STUFF take hold in this state. California is just trying to gouge all the folks for all the $$$$$$$$$$ that they can possibly get. One of the reasons that I got away from their ways of doing business..............EXSEDAN, jb

Crosley.In.AZ

EX,

I used to promote a needed AZ law........everybody that has moved here since 1966 had to leave and take ALL family members with them.  :shock:

I'm a native to AZ, my wife's family moved here in 1968.  She does see the humor in my suggestion..... usually

Quote from: "exsedan"I agree that there are way too many folks moving here from ALL STATES, however, the CALIFORNIA folks as well as the OTHER's are coming here to GET AWAY from all of this sort of CRAP. Talk to your government representatives about not letting this sort of STUFF take hold in this state. California is just trying to gouge all the folks for all the $$$$$$$$$$ that they can possibly get. One of the reasons that I got away from their ways of doing business..............EXSEDAN, jb
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

I was born and reared up in SoCal (San Gabriel). My family's California history dates back to the gold rush. I joined the Army when I was 17 and my miltary and civilian careers took me all over the world. Every time I came back for a visit the place had changed for the worse. This past January I drove out and packed up my 88 year old Aunt Lois. She was the last of our clan to get out of Dodge (Hemit). My brothers and cousins, all native Californians, left years ago.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Anonymous

Funny, I joined the Army in 1960 tp get out of CA.  Had to go back and get my Dad in 1984.  Haven't seen a reason to go back since.

However, I'm coming to AZ law or no law.  Like maybe Friday.