air conditioning vent adapter

Started by WZ JUNK, May 11, 2015, 01:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I have trouble reaching up under the dash and forcing the round hose for air condition vents into the oval dash vent.  You are suppose to squeeze the round hose into an oval and then push it into the vent.    Someone probably makes an adapter but I would have to find out who makes them, order a couple, and wait for delivery.  So this morning I made a couple of loss foam plug molds.   Then I laid up a couple of round to oval adapters.    

Now I can put the hose into the round side of the adapter, and then slip it on to the oval shape of the vent.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Very good, John. That could be very marketable. Everyone of those ovals I have used has been a pita to get to .
TEAM SMART

jaybee

This is very cool. I wasn't aware of this process until your post. I did some research and it's capable of doing some remarkable work.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Another bit of genius from WZ JUNK Industries.  :D
George

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"Another bit of genius from WZ JUNK Industries.  :D

Actually I spend most of my time making a tool, or making something that will enable me to do a job.  Years ago I would do whatever needed to be done, without needing something special.   A lot of the time I enjoy the solving of the problem, as much as I do the solution.  I think most of us are in the same situation.

On a related note, I remember the song lyrics that go something like  "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you have got til its gone".

That is enough philosophy for one day.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, the song is big yellow taxi. I agree completely with your statement. :)
TEAM SMART