Rename Don's Hot Rod Page?

Started by DRD57, September 10, 2004, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

As I said before, I created a monster. What started out as a simple personal site for me to share a few pictures with a few computer literate friends, has turned into a widely used source of pictures from many hot rod events in the USA as well as occasional updates on my own hot rod projects.

I'm going to move the site to a different web host and give it a more professional look. I'm also thinking it needs a better name. A name that could be incorporated into its own URL.

Any ideas?

GPster

I don't think you should loose the Don. I certainly think that every needs to identify it with you and I also think that it's something you should be proud of. You could either go Don D.....'s Publishing (like Tex Smith's) or go "......... ..... ........" by Don. That way when you're flying around in your corporate jet  we'll know where it all came from and can say "I remember when his street rod backed over him".  I think that we enjoy knowing that it's a part of you. GPster

47wood

I like Don's Hot Rod Page ...it's easy and self explanatory.  Too many times people get so cute with a name that you don't what is behind it.  If you're set on changing, then I agree with GPster, keep "Don" in it.  Maybe something like:  Don Knows Hot Rods      :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

MrMopar64

Quote from: "DRD57"As I said before, I created a monster. What started out as a simple personal site for me to share a few pictures with a few computer literate friends, has turned into a widely used source of pictures from many hot rod events in the USA as well as occasional updates on my own hot rod projects.

I'm going to move the site to a different web host and give it a more professional look. I'm also thinking it needs a better name. A name that could be incorporated into its own URL.

Any ideas?

Don
Don't know if you found a provider yet.... if not check with my son
He'll give you a price that will be hard to beat
He can register you a domain and do your hosting and setup email for that domain...... check it out

That is where my domain is hosted www.rgkustoms.com

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

DRD57

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Don't know if you found a provider yet.... if not check with my son
He'll give you a price that will be hard to beat
He can register you a domain and do your hosting and setup email for that domain...... check it out

That is where my domain is hosted www.rgkustoms.com

MM64  8)

He called and left me a message a couple days ago. I'll give him a call back to discuss the situation before I make any changes.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Quote from: "DRD57"As I said before, I created a monster. What started out as a simple personal site for me to share a few pictures with a few computer literate friends, has turned into a widely used source of pictures from many hot rod events in the USA as well as occasional updates on my own hot rod projects.

Any ideas?

Looks to me that DONSHOTRODPAGES.COM isn't taken, so go for it.

c ya, Sum

purplepickup

You could call it "Maheeb's Oriental Taco Quilting Tips" but why mess with a good thing? :?  Don's Hot Rod Pages says it all.
George

Carps

Hey Dood!

Everybody, and I mean, EVERYBODY down here knows and loves it as don's Hot Rod Page and we have a saying that we learned from the ever present bushflies, "When you're on a good thing, stick to it!"

And as one of the less computer literate, I'm only just now getting a handle on it, so if you change it, you'll be blamed for the rest of my heai turning grey.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Skip

If you change the name folks who aren't privy to this conversation won't know what name to plug into their search engines to find the moved site.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

Carps

Quote from: "Skip"If you change the name folks who aren't privy to this conversation won't know what name to plug into their search engines to find the moved site.

Hey ya old bugger aint it about time you sent me an email to find out where your stuff is?   :wink:
Carps

Skip

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "Skip"If you change the name folks who aren't privy to this conversation won't know what name to plug into their search engines to find the moved site.

Hey ya old bugger aint it about time you sent me an email to find out where your stuff is?   :wink:

ummmmm, I guess so.  Looks like finances might get in the way of Surfers this year.  Have to see what happens.  Been a bad couple of years.
Skip

Early Hemi SME

Carps

Quote from: "Skip"ummmmm, I guess so.  Looks like finances might get in the way of Surfers this year.  Have to see what happens.  

I was thinkin that might be the case, so told the gang if you don't show up, we all gotta go to visit at your place.
Carps

Skip

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "Skip"ummmmm, I guess so.  Looks like finances might get in the way of Surfers this year.  Have to see what happens.  

I was thinkin that might be the case, so told the gang if you don't show up, we all gotta go to visit at your place.

Ya promise?

Ian & Nikki 'ave been here but youze ain't yet.

We kin all go to the nats in Walter P.
Skip

Early Hemi SME