low wagon

Started by moose, February 27, 2015, 08:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Detroit Autorama is fast approaching so I fabbed up a little wagon for my donation to the charity auction. 2" dropped I-beam axle suicide steering blanket interior simple striping...

kb426

Cool! What did you use to make the front axle from?
TEAM SMART

moose

Quote from: "kb426"Cool! What did you use to make the front axle from?

I cut the main web from 1/4" plate then formed 1/8 X 3/4 strap to create the top and bottom of the I. I drilled holes to plug weld them to the center web to minimize the visible welds. Tubing welded on the ends to form the kingpin bosses...  Presto a Dropped I-Beam Axle

39deluxe

That is perfect. Nice work.

Tom

UGLY OLDS

NEAT   !!!  I LIKE IT .... 8)

Bob .. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

That is really special.  Great work.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

Rrumbler

Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

purplepickup

Wow! That should get some attention at the auction );b(
George

wayne petty

i predict you could sell dozens of those wagon axles if you built a few.

years ago.. chassis manufacturers were coming out with second generation F body subframes. i happened to be talking to somebody up at chris alstons shop.. ask them why they did not create some first generation subframes.. he replied.. not enough of those left to build them.. i replied.. if you build them they will sell.  i wonder how many they have sold.  

back in the mid 70s at OCIR during the manufacturers meet.. i talked to a wheel vendor displaying straight fin turbine aluminum wheels.. i mentioned to him that it would be neat to have some that had directional fins..  a set for the left and a set for the right..  he said its impossible.. they won't come out of the die..  i said.. if you don't over lap the blades. they will come out just like those.  he kept saying that its impossible.. then he stopped talking.. his face kinda twisted up.. he turned and walked away.. like i had just given him a million dollar idea.