Firewall insulation

Started by EMSjunkie, September 07, 2004, 11:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

I checked out your stuff, I like it :D  when I get closer to doing the floor, I'll be talking with ya, may even run down to Lubbock and pick it up. will need enough to do the doors too.

Thanks for the info

Vance

p.s how much snow did you get down there on the South Plains?
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

lobucrod

I keep plenty on hand Vance. Come on down anytime. If you dont have time Ill cut you a deal on the freight since youre so close. You can call me at work at 806-740-3225 or cell 806-790-4601. We only got an inch of the white stuff. Its all gone already. Pretty odd for this time of the year. How about you? I'm ready for some warm weather. I just bought a 2005 Harley electra glide ultra classic and need to get it broke in!

enjenjo

FWIW, to glue this stuff, I buy the glue on bulk, and spray it on with a $10 Harbor freight spray gun. Been using the same gun for three years now, if it takes a dump tomorrow, i'll be cheaper to buy a new one than to fix it. I've probably put three or four gallons through it. Since glue in areosol cans are about 5 to 8 dollars each, it pays for itself the first time you use it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

Does anyone know of a reasonable source for Lizard Skin?  It seems a little pricey.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "lobucrod". We only got an inch of the white stuff.   quote]

Only an inch! officially out at the weather station we got 12 inches.
I measured 16 inches in front of my garage  :shock:

I'm ready for spring too, got a lot done this winter, will be firing it up soon. maybe even a trip 'round the block :)

I need a road trip soon, maybe I can talk the 'ole ball and chain  into letting me loose one weekend. too bad the Mesquite's BBQ places all closed up and left town, there was some good eatin' !

I'll give you a call when the Warden signs my weekend pass :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

lobucrod

Ken. I tracked the insulation I sent to you and see that it delivered Saturday. I hope its what you were looking for. Send me an installation pic and testimonial I can use on the website (www.lobucrod.com) and I'll ship you the next roll free, Mike

lobucrod

Quote from: "lobucrod"Ken. I tracked the insulation I sent to you and see that it delivered Saturday. I hope its what you were looking for. Send me an installation pic and testimonial I can use on the website (www.lobucrod.com) and I'll ship you the next roll free, Mike
The shipping will be free that is, not the insulation  :oops:

Ohio Blue Tip

I'll take the first offer!  I'm sure your word is good! :lol:  :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Topsterguy

I just finished doing my 32 coupe (glass) and I got some great stuff, exactly like dynomat, from a place called "B-Quiet" in Saskatchewan (Canada) Just punch B-Quiet in to a search engine or email me and I'll give you the adress.It's a LOT cheaper than Dynomat and a LOT cheaper than buying it at a stereo shop! eg  I got 50 sq ft of it, easily enough to do a coupe or sedan for $169cdn. It's easy to put down and sticks REALLY well! I did the firewall and complete floor with it, then used the foil/mat stuff on the rest. Then I put a layer of the foil/mat stuff down under the carpet to even evrything out. B-quiet works for both heat and sound.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"