Log me in automatically on this site

Started by Okiedokie, November 17, 2014, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

I wonder why even though I check the box it never remembers me. I am remembered on other sites. Can anyone educate me?

58 Yeoman

I had that problem a couple years ago.  I think you have to clear your cookies, then log in. Or was it your cache?  Hope it works.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Okiedokie

Wonder why it would be just this site? I have switched computers and had no change so I don't see how cookies could be involved.

enjenjo

Did you use the same operating system on both computers? I had trouble with staying logged in when I was using Vista.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Okiedokie

purplepickup

You need to make sure your computers are set to accept and save cookies for 'roddingroundtable.com'.  What browser are you using? If it's Firefox or Internet Explorer I can help you check the settings.  I don't use any others like Chrome, Opera, or Safari so I might not be much help on those.
George

BFS57

Hello;
May be logging into this site can be equated to some of it's members (present company included) that have CRS! (can't remember *)

Bruce

Okiedokie

Thanks George, I am using Internet Explorer.

Uncle Bob

I had the same problem until some time within the past year.  Each time I tried to respond to a thread I had to re-log in, check the box, but it would never stick.  Next time I came to the site it considered me a visitor.  I can't remember what I did exactly, but it had something to do with logging in on a different page, perhaps the main page, but whichever it was NOT from the Forum index page.  Since then it has recognized me every time I return.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Okiedokie

I tried logging in on the forum index, no change. I will just keep logging in each visit.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Okiedokie"I tried logging in on the forum index, no change. I will just keep logging in each visit.

What domain are you accessing the site through?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Okiedokie"Thanks George, I am using Internet Explorer.

Ok, I use Firefox but I'll give it a shot.  

Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser page, then click 'Internet Options', and click the 'Privacy' tab.The setting you choose for here is up to you.  The slide bar on the left will go from all the way down (accept all cookies) to the top (block all cookies), or somewhere in between. I use the 'Default' button which sets it at medium. If you change the setting, click the 'Apply' button at the bottom.  Then, in the same window, click on the 'Sites' button under the slide bar and a window will open that lets you manage whether you want to allow or block cookies from different sites.  Type 'www.roddingroundtable.com' in the 'Address of Website ' field and click the 'allow' button.  Click 'Ok' in every window as you back out and you should be able to stay logged into RRT.

It's not as complicated as it looks. If that doesn't fix it we can try something else.

*Edit*  I see Mr Cat posted while I was writing.  I'm sure he'll straighten things out.  He's a smart one 8)
George

Okiedokie

I appreciate the attempt at helping me accomplish this, followed your steps but it made no difference. As far as what domain, well it is either my wife's or the dog's, I an in the house so it sure ain't mine. Sorry, I have no idea what a domain is. I will just keep logging in.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Okiedokie"I appreciate the attempt at helping me accomplish this, followed your steps but it made no difference. As far as what domain, well it is either my wife's or the dog's, I an in the house so it sure ain't mine. Sorry, I have no idea what a domain is. I will just keep logging in.

roddingroundtable.com is a domain. So is google.com

This site can be accessed from several domains including roddingroundtable.com and streetrodtech.com

Okiedokie

I have only known of roddingroundtable.com. Would using the other make a difference? Really I am ok with logging in, just thought it was odd that of all the sites I visit this is the only one that never remembers me.