My Weekend

Started by enjenjo, October 12, 2014, 07:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

It was not good. I have a car on Craigs list, six people called for directions to look at it. Not one showed up. Saturday was going to be a siding day, finish the siding on the shop. Shelby's guy showed up to help after he got off work at noon. The right rear tire on his car had a bubble in it. It took me two hours to find a tire, and some one to mount and balance it. There were only three studs left on that wheel, one was broken off, and of the three one was stripped. It took three stores to find 4 studs. The screws holding the rotor on were stripped, I ended up burning the heads off to get the rotor loose. The new studs were too short to work with the aftermarket aluminum wheel, so I had to machine the lug holes deeper to make it work. It was 6pm before we were done with it.

So today I installed the one piece of siding we got cut, and I cut the top wrong, so it doesn't fit, I don't have a spare piece to remake it, and it's a special order :evil:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Tomorrow's a new day :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

Frank, do you drink beer when things like this happen? :)
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I had one of those awhile back....I needed 20 1/2-20 tapered seat acorn style lug nuts for some new wheels on my Mustang. The OE lugs were too big in diameter at the top of the taper. I went to 3 of the big name parts stores late on a Saturday afternoon and could not find any  that were suitable, not even stock steel lug in any quantity above 2 or 2, if any.

The only tire store open was the local Belle Tire who had gobs of them and they were cheaper than any of the DIY parts stores.

I'm still carrying around a 3/8exhaust stud lookign for a few with the real short non-threaded part. Inventory seems to be a thing of the past. On line places are having brick and mortar's lunch.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Frank, no good deed goes unpunished. I had a run in with those screws too. I was doing my elderly neighbor a favor and replacing his front brakes...had to drill the head off one of those screws.

Rrumbler

Some days are diamonds, Frank, and some days are (NOT).  To paraphrase what Jim said:  Manana.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, do you drink beer when things like this happen? :)

No, I just pout.

wayne petty

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I had one of those awhile back....I needed 20 1/2-20 tapered seat acorn style lug nuts for some new wheels on my Mustang. The OE lugs were too big in diameter at the top of the taper. I went to 3 of the big name parts stores late on a Saturday afternoon and could not find any  that were suitable, not even stock steel lug in any quantity above 2 or 2, if any.

The only tire store open was the local Belle Tire who had gobs of them and they were cheaper than any of the DIY parts stores.

I'm still carrying around a 3/8exhaust stud lookign for a few with the real short non-threaded part. Inventory seems to be a thing of the past. On line places are having brick and mortar's lunch.

Dorman - Help Exhaust Stud Kit 3/8-16 x 2-1/2 In. and 3/8-16 x 3-1/4 In.
Part No. 03147

three usually have very short shank sections..three longer shank sections..
almost every parts store has them. they are hanging out in the Help section and usually not in the computer.

rumrumm

I've had days like that. Beer helps!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

416Ford

Quote from: "rumrumm"I've had days like that. Beer helps!
I would have expected you to say RUM rumrumm. That what helps me.

Hope your Monday went better then your weekend. (Not to often that you can say that). :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Seems like things are never as easy as they look. I spent Friday thru Today installing a new shower unit. The princess is getting a new knee on November 6th so I am changing one of the full baths to a full size shower unit. Should be easier for her. Not so easy on me. Got my youngest boy doing the drywall repair right now. Paint tomorrow maybe.
Don Colliau

kb426

Don, I've done that before. Depending on the age of your house, that was kind of easy or a real PITA. Hope it was the first choice.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Don, a shower like that is a godsend for the bad times. The other thing is most of us aren't getting any younger either. We redid our main bathroom 10 years ago and changed from a tub to a walk-in shower. That was sure nice when I had my broken pelvis and then again for my bypass surgery
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

57larry

did anyone ever show up to buy the car?

enjenjo

Quote from: "57larry"did anyone ever show up to buy the car?

I sold it saturday.