Finished my seat last weekend...

Started by My52Chebby, May 16, 2014, 06:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My52Chebby

I'm very pleased with myself, considering that a month ago I had never even touched a sewing machine...

Here are a couple of pics of the finished seat for my '52 Chevy pickup project :

Shaping the foam and making the patterns took forever, the sewing and upholstering... Not so much. Most of the work is in the design and patterning.

Still have to install the seat back release levers, the heated seat pad buttons and the armrest.

My52Chebby

phat46

Quote from: "My52Chebby"I'm very pleased with myself, considering that a month ago I had never even touched a sewing machine...

Here are a couple of pics of the finished seat for my '52 Chevy pickup project :

Shaping the foam and making the patterns took forever, the sewing and upholstering... Not so much. Most of the work is in the design and patterning.

Still have to install the seat back release levers, the heated seat pad buttons and the armrest.

My52Chebby

THAT is amazing. Especially for a fist  time. That would be perfect if you were a pro. Great job! :D

416Ford

Looks great. You should be very proud of your work. Hope the rest of the interior is as nice.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

rumrumm

Nicely done! You cannot tell it from the work of a first-rate professional shop. You have a right to be proud!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

bucketmouth

Wow that's excellent for a first time effort you have to be happy with that. 8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

enjenjo

It looks much better than my first try.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "My52Chebby"I'm very pleased with myself,

Deservedly so !!!!

Beautiful work, Sir !!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

kb426

Looks very good to me! Even matches the room carpet. :)
TEAM SMART

48builder

Beautiful job! I've done a  number of seats and not sure if I do that nice of a job.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

chimp koose

Jeez ....when can you start on mine? Nice work to say the least!

idrivejunk

You're a fast learner, I can see that! Those look factory fresh, very nice.
Matt

Rochie

Nicely done VERY nicely done!!!

Awesome job! I have a Glide seat and a Tea's seat that need covered.....the foam etc is already shaped and I still am afraid to tackle it. I think the emergency room visit to get my fingers cut back apart after I sewed them together may exceed the cost of having someone cover my seats!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jaybee

You should be proud, that's gorgeous!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

junkyardjeff