Nasty weather!

Started by moose, April 13, 2014, 09:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Charlie, Jack, Ken and any other Westsiders,

I saw on the news that Muskegon  got hit with some pretty nasty storms. Are you guys and gals okay?

Just concerned about friends!

Tim

phat rat

Thanks for asking. No damage here. But boy did we get hail. It was about 3/4" and by the time it was over the ground looked like it had snowed.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

We've been without power since about 5:30 PM yesterday. Have my 5000w generator going this morning. Fridges and lights working. Consumers hot line says Tuesday for restoration. I'll run the generator intermittently as required.

The Muskegon metro area got hit very hard. The map from Consumers shows massive outage. Sharon and I went out to get breakfast and came back hungry - most places closed.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Some of that looked pretty intense on the radar last night over on the west side. We just got some thunder and lightening, but south of us on I 94 they had the hail. My niece sent a pic of the expressway covered in hail between Port Huron and Mt Clemens. Hope everyones o.k. and you get the power back soon.

moose

Glad to hear you all are okay.

Power losses can be inconvenient! Last one we were with out for almost 5 days...on a well so we need to have power to have water. Just bought a 8K with plans to eventually put in a stationary 10K for when we travel to keep the sump pump going!

n.c.rodder

Well the heavy stuff missed us up north last night.........But its supposed to be cold enough tonight that when wave 2 comes in............we may wake up to 3 - 4 inches of the white stuff tomorrow!! *, I thought we were done with that" CRAP".  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

moose

* Mike I hope you have tire chains for the Street Rod!

Missed you at the spring meeting

Tim

Glad you guys are safe and somewhat warm.It was 85 in our little corner of Nebraska yesterday......went to the Husker spring football game in shorts and sleeveless shirt......Today,it's just above freezing,the wind is blowing the snow absolutely parallel with about 2 inches on the ground and several more on the way.....Mother Nature can be a *!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

34ford

Daryle,

We got 2" of rain in about an hour this morning and now it's down to 36 degrees.

kb426

It was 90 yesterday. Really good day. The temp is now 39. It has been going down all day. The forecast is for 1-2" of snow in the next 24 hours. We have freezes predicted for several days this week.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Still right around 43 here but we got 1/2" of rain overnight and over 2" today. Tomorrow it'll hover right around freezing all day.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

1800guy

Weird weather!  We're about 20 miles SSE of Muskegon and got maybe an hour of moderate rain, with lightning off in the distance.  No power outage.
Glad everyone is well - I count my blessings.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

Charlie Chops 1940

Power was back up for us sometime just before midnight last night. About two days sooner than the first Consumer's guesstimate. That made me happy.

Our neighborhood outage was two trees down a couple blocks back in our subdivision. They took out everything on the pole - phone, cable, primary and secondary plus a couple transformers and some cross ties on a couple poles. Two trucks came in about 7PM yesterday and were out sometime between 9 and 12. Very efficient.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

n.c.rodder

[quote * Mike I hope you have tire chains for the Street Rod!

Tim[/quote]

Hey Moose,

I still have 2 feet of snow on the ground..........so ya I'm still a few weeks out before I can even think about getting the rods out.  :evil:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

phat rat

Snow on the ground again here tonight. The last of the piles from snowblowing just went away last night
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.