OPEN UP AND SAY

Started by river1, February 12, 2014, 02:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I've watched this situation since the beginning...    I 'think'  the last 2 Corvettes removed need to be preserved ''as is'' in a sealed container that is viewable.

The last two are soooo damaged & smashed & crushed, they would basically be new cars when repaired.

The 1.5 millionth Corvette, maybe restore, but the last Vette removed is in sad sad  shape as the photo enjenjo posted  shows
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

+1. Personally, I would probably rather see the more hopeless ones like this encased and displayed as-is. Its easy to walk past a shiny clean one even if it has a story to tell, but these muddy ones tell the gritty truth. My opinion may be biased by so many years of doing collision repair, but it is intriguing to me to "read" damage and reconstruct the incident in my mind while looking the car over. In any event, the free publicity from this tragedy will surely be leveraged to the hilt, and splashed all over the social media.
Matt

Carnut

That 1.5 millionth Corvette is the one that hurts the worst. It's only 'New' or 'Original' once. Being restored or repaired changes the value of the vehicle. At least to my view. The rest of the cars were individually unique in ways but not all that critical to originality. The black speedster was just a unique custom but not that much of value, it could be rebuilt with no concern for it's 'originality'.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

jaybee

Some came out of it really well. The Mallet looks like it was pulled out of a crusher.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)