Grand National Roadster Show

Started by sirstude, January 14, 2014, 08:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Has anyone seen the web page for the Grand National Show this year?  I was checking out when this years show is and there is an exhibit in building 9 for Bonneville.  The picture that talks about it is the 974.  Thought that was pretty neat.  Anybody going this year to check things out?

Doug

http://www.rodshows.com/gnrs/index.html
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sirstude"Has anyone seen the web page for the Grand National Show this year?  I was checking out when this years show is and there is an exhibit in building 9 for Bonneville.  The picture that talks about it is the 974.  Thought that was pretty neat.  Anybody going this year to check things out?

Doug

The Flat Cad will be there on display with the other lsr cars in building 9.

There is a book for sale at the event that has some 974 photos in it.  The book sales go to save the salt fund.  

Have fun.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"Has anyone seen the web page for the Grand National Show this year?  I was checking out when this years show is and there is an exhibit in building 9 for Bonneville.  The picture that talks about it is the 974.  Thought that was pretty neat.  Anybody going this year to check things out?

Doug

That's another cool honor for Hooley and ol' 974....the only picture they picked for "Bonneville - A Century of Speed Exhibition".   It's really cool to be a part of the peanut gallery isn't it?  I can't tell who is standing next to the car.  Is the guy on the left you Doug?
George

enjenjo

Since I am in Las Vegas, I am trying to make an effort to get there for at least one day.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

That is Tom all the way to the left, and Mark at the drivers side.  Can't quite tell who the other guy is, but none have enough hat or belly to be me.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Hooley

Sorry about being late on this . The third person is Tim that came with Mark from the Atlanta, GA area. They brought their Para-sails and flew them around when we weren't racing.
The picture showing was taken by David Fetherston. He is the one that wrote a book about 974 in 2010. That is the picture that is on the front of our book. The book is still available from him.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

nzsimon

I happened to be in Cali so went along for the day
There were also lots of cool cars in the parking lot
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true