battery prices

Started by 48ford, December 29, 2013, 08:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Had to buy a battery for my sister .
I was shocked to see that the prices were up a lot over just last year

purplepickup

I just got a 105Ah deep cycle Exide battery at Menards for $75.  They're having the 11% rebate sale so that makes it around $66.  That's about what I paid two years ago.  Their car batteries were similarly priced.  I did notice prices are way up at the auto stores however..... $100 or more.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Paid 185.00 plus taxes for a red top Optima 2 months ago. The Optima I traded in was bought in March 2001

i received a discount thru my credit union at Auto Zone on the Optima
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Harry

I went looking for a new battery for the motorhome. Found a good one for $129. I asked them if they took in old batteries. I was told that they buy old batteries for $5 each. If you buy a new battery they give you $10 each. I went to a friends place and picked up 8 batteries. I got $80 off the price of the new battery.

wayne petty

I would like to chip in..

Costco batteries that are usually found out in their tire shops are excellent

please print and keep this test around..

junkyardjeff

I needed a new battery for my 37 Chevy p/u that has a Honda size 12 volt in it and got sticker shock,90 to 125 was what most places wanted for one so I contacted a local battery shop and got one for 65. Rural king has good prices but they did not have a group 51 battery so I had to look elsewhere.

papastoyss

Battery prices are related to the price of lead, hence the 5/10$ paid for a core battery.  We sold Interstate brand batteries at our repair shop for 30 yrs,very seldom did we have to replace one under warranty. I still use them in my personal vehicles.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!